Continental club - Still wants a transfer... ridiculus

Hi

I have been playing football Manager for quiet some time now going back to the cm series..

anyhow I have done several seasons with a lot of teams on fm2009 ac milan, Barcelona,man city, ... all very succesfull and players stay realy faithfull cause ur just a big club..

Now i have started playing with Napoli, pretty average team a lot of work 2 be done.

First season 2nd round uefa cup , 7th place finish my reputation still on National

2nd season, Win uefa cup, end up 4th in the league my reputation went to continental

My squad morale was realy good the first season and the beginning of the 2nd season, but then it got downwards with moral which I could understand some players wanted to move to bigger clubs with higher reputation allthough some players like Srna, criscito, Zuculini were very wanted but were still loving to play for the club while players Semi stars like Feghioule, Vukcevic, Maggio were complaining and wanted to move to bigger teams ... This bad mood infected some others backup players like lavezzi, and some random defenders...

I tried to transfer Feghioule, he accepted an offer from Espanyol which has national reputation... the deal didnt go on i canceled it im not crazy letting a future star leaving to some random B team ...

My question is why is this kinda ****ed up? If u get the picture a future star just ends 4th in serie A , wins Uefa cup and wants to move 2 a bigger club at the age of 21 to sit on the bench of an other team with national or continental reputation... And the thing i hate the most is u got to sell them? for team morale? but u buy them 10m € and then u sell them for about the same price ... they want to move to a "bigger" club but they dont pay for him ... and then ur on the look again for talent but u cant buy there players for prices like 15-20m like marquinhos, keirsson ....( im speaking about 3rd season, first & second there pretty cheap)

Anyhow i remember training Standard de liege and after 10 hard seasons i won eufa cup got to final of cl and won 10 leagues straight ... some players hated each other, it happened often and then after a while they got friends again or i had to sell him ... well anyhow its annoying u cant build a team cause there is always oné ****er who wants to leave and ****s up ur team morale. So conclussion? Dont care about those guys and just keep them let them whine and let them play ? or do u realy need to fix this problem asap?

Tips & tricks will be appreciated

The best solution i found for players wanting to move is just to offer them to clubs. If you receive no offers, the player should be happy again in a couple of days.

First thing you should do is to set his asking price as high as you want. Then make sure the "transfer list and set status to not needed" is unchecked in the team options. Manually transfer list him just to be sure he won't think you're a backstabber. Then offer him to clubs.

I've began to suffer from similar problems at Stoke where I've won the league and CL countless times down the years. The problem tends to be players wanting new challenges, or indeed members of the playing squad falling out. I try to rectify it, because it can be viewed as a lack of harmony in the squad, which then causes others to become unhappy over this. Before you know it, 6/7 players are unhappy for a variety of reasons, and then when it comes to a tough game your side mess it up.

Archived