Man utd Berbatov/tevez problem

hello there.

Im currently playing a save with Man Utd, and my problem is as follow.

I play 4-4-2 with AMR/AML (not ML/MR).

I play with ronney and berbatov or tevez as ST.

now my problem is that ronney scored 29 goals last season while berbatov only scored 7 and tevez only 11...

and now on second season its happening again... berbatov has 0 goals while ronney has 10+...

now ronney has Free Role and Hold Up ball, while berbatov has only Hold up ball.

anyway, anyone knows how to make berbatov worth it... kinda annoying, also becuz no one wanst to buy him lol

ps Off topic: funny thing is that real madrid asked for info on ronaldo, I said 85M and they offered 85M and I refused lol :p

hello there.

now my problem is that ronney scored 29 goals last season while berbatov only scored 7 and tevez only 11...

and now on second season its happening again... berbatov has 0 goals while ronney has 10+...

now ronney has Free Role and Hold Up ball, while berbatov has only Hold up ball.

anyway, anyone knows how to make berbatov worth it... kinda annoying, also becuz no one wanst to buy him lol

ps Off topic: funny thing is that real madrid asked for info on ronaldo, I said 85M and they offered 85M and I refused lol :p

I dunno, Berbatovs a target man right, irl and also in fm target men arent meant to score alot are they, more just hold up the ball, in any case I never knew how to get my target men to score lots but as long as im winning I dont really care

hello there.

In my Man Utd save I got Berbatov scoring 20+ in his first few seasons. I believe he had hold up ball, and was at the team's attacking mentality (about 16?)

I don't really remember much more than that, though, sorry.

I think I tried to replicate the way he plays for United. Through balls often, run with ball mixed... That's all I really remember sorry mate.:(

Do you use a FCa and FCd? then definitely Rooney will be your FCa while Berbatov is FCd, he needs to be sacrificed as he create chances for FCa.

Run with ball mixed, forward run mixed, long shot rarely, through ball often, no hold up ball, free role, direct passing (you decide the notches depending on the creative freedom you give him.)

Then you set forward run always for Rooney.

I use this and even though Berbatov play as FCd, he still score lots as long as you have enough supply to him from wingers.

Good luck!

I will give you a few pieces of essential that somebody gave me about playing Berbatov and I haven't looked back since.

1. His closing down should be set to rarely or somewhere in the lower reaches of own half only . This is because he is quite lazy.

2. Put his creative freedom should be at the very least 16+

3. As said by Nevrin play him as a FCd. He is much better dropping in the 'hole' then leading the line.

4. Use either hold up ball or free role, but never use them both together.

I took this advice from my friend and have had exceptional success with Berbatov. His best season (2nd) he scored 31 goals in 53 games and I then sold him for £35 million to AC Milan.

Archived