Genie Scout - Potential Ability (PA) vs Potential Rating (PR)

_Hawk_

Hi everyone,

I have a little question. What is the most important thing: the player potential ability or the player potential rating?

I used to buy potential star based on their potential ability. Notwithstanding, someone told me that the player potential rating have bigger influence on player stats. So I start paying attention to the player PA vs PR and it seems that a player with 175 PA and 70% PR is worst that one with 150 PA and 78% PR. Is this right? Can anyone explain me that?

Thanks in advance.

Potential Rating is the more important of the two.

A player with PA of 180 and rating of 70% is considerably worse than...

A player with PA of 170 and rating of 80%

Yes that's what I start to realize...

But what do you think about a player of 140 PA and 75% PR and one of 180 PA and 75%.

My question is does PA really matters????

But Pot ratings varies ? a player with a pot rating of 70% can have a pot rating of 80% a few seasons later ?

From what I observed the PR varies with time. For example a player with 80% PR at the season start coud end up the season with 79,5% if you don't play him. Injuries also affect PR. What I notice is that you could achieve the inicial PR, or it could deacrese if you give few games to the player. I didn't notice an increase in PR, but a don't know if this is connected to club rating, training facilities, staff, training schedule, or not???

If I see a 190ish pa 15-16year old, I buy him. Never looked at the pr ratings, and it hasnt let me down yet. But they being at my club might make it different.

So I've set my eyes on a dm: italian at Atalanta named Orlandi 16 years, 78/187 and only has a 66% rating. I'll see in a couple of seasons if it works.(according to the scout, he has a max ca of 156)

And I'll compare it with my 16 year old 65% 74/186. (according to the scout he has a max ca of 134...)

Anyways I've never paid any attention to the PR, I might be wrong, but I've always gone for high PA youths, and for high CA when i buy adults. (wouldnt buy a 111/200 26 year old).

But PA or PR, at this moment in time it's the CA which is important :)

If I see a 190ish pa 15-16year old, I buy him. Never looked at the pr ratings, and it hasnt let me down yet. But they being at my club might make it different.

So I've set my eyes on a dm: italian at Atalanta named Orlandi 16 years, 78/187 and only has a 66% rating. I'll see in a couple of seasons if it works.(according to the scout, he has a max ca of 156)

And I'll compare it with my 16 year old 65% 74/186. (according to the scout he has a max ca of 134...)

Anyways I've never paid any attention to the PR, I might be wrong, but I've always gone for high PA youths, and for high CA when i buy adults. (wouldnt buy a 111/200 26 year old).

But PA or PR, at this moment in time it's the CA which is important :)

Cenotaph once you get result post it. I will pay close attention to that and once I get it I'll post.

Well it seems like pot rating is spot on on players at other AI clubs.

Marco Orlandi 16 years, 78/187 and only has a 66% rating in 2012(AI club atalanta)

Marco Orlandi 19 years, 83/187 and only has a 64% rating in 2015(AI club Atalanta)

V. Cavagnini 16 years, 74/186 and only has a 65% rating in 2012 (My club been in the youth setup/reserve team standard youth training))

V. Cavagnini 19 Years, 119/186 and has a new rating of 73 % in 2015. (now has a best pr ca of 165)

Though I'll give it that the pr is pretty much spot on in comparison to my other youths at the club, he is improving much slower than the others with a a higher PR. But still pretty sure he'll develop into a good player in a few more seasons. I'll keep the holiday running on my laptop and see :)

Nice to know ;-)

(edit in March 2016 the board had the nerve of firing me :) and my DC was sold off to sunderland and in june 2016 he is 20 years old and has 136/187)

Well it seems like pot rating is spot on on players at other AI clubs.

Marco Orlandi 16 years, 78/187 and only has a 66% rating in 2012(AI club atalanta)

Marco Orlandi 19 years, 83/187 and only has a 64% rating in 2015(AI club Atalanta)

V. Cavagnini 16 years, 74/186 and only has a 65% rating in 2012 (My club been in the youth setup/reserve team standard youth training))

V. Cavagnini 19 Years, 119/186 and has a new rating of 73 % in 2015. (now has a best pr ca of 165)

Though I'll give it that the pr is pretty much spot on in comparison to my other youths at the club, he is improving much slower than the others with a a higher PR. But still pretty sure he'll develop into a good player in a few more seasons. I'll keep the holiday running on my laptop and see :)

Nice to know ;-)

(edit in March 2016 the board had the nerve of firing me :) and my DC was sold off to sunderland and in june 2016 he is 20 years old and has 136/187)

Hi Cenotaph,

Well that not too good. Sorry to hear that mate. But don't give up? :). I haven't played yet to get any results because I'm overloaded in work. But as soon as I can I'll run some tests and maybe I'll reach a conclusion.

By the way, will run another test and try again?

Anyways, I kept the game on holiday for a few more seasons.

It is now May 2018(2 years after i got the sack)

My DC is now actually shockingly enough a DLC (never noticed ai teams learning players new positions)

Vincenzo Cavagnini is now 22 years old, Important first team player of Sunderland.

Current Ability 167, Potential Ability 186. and a whooping PR rating of 81.47% and a Potential CA of 186(according to FMscout)

So that's it for me A young player with high PA and a low PR, I'll still buy him without any doubt, just takes a few more seasons to develop.

Cavagnini.jpg

But I did learn that you can spot the slow developers by their PR rating, very handy =D

Anyways, I kept the game on holiday for a few more seasons.

It is now May 2018(2 years after i got the sack)

My DC is now actually shockingly enough a DLC (never noticed ai teams learning players new positions)

Vincenzo Cavagnini is now 22 years old, Important first team player of Sunderland.

Current Ability 167, Potential Ability 186. and a whooping PR rating of 81.47% and a Potential CA of 186(according to FMscout)

So that's it for me A young player with high PA and a low PR, I'll still buy him without any doubt, just takes a few more seasons to develop.

Cavagnini.jpg

But I did learn that you can spot the slow developers by their PR rating, very handy =D

Hi Cenotaph,

This is indeed a great player. :)

I've a similar post in http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=130520 . Maybe you would like to stop by. :)

From what I've learned from these two posts I think a player with high potential will only become a good player as far as he has good starting stats. That is a 16 years old striker with 189 PA and with 6 finishing and 4 composure will never become a good striker, because these are two fundamental attributes that makes up a good striker. In the case of your player I think he has good attributes for defender position right from the start. So with time the attributes rised and the player become top class.

humz, I'll give that a test one day :) Never mocked about with training much, though I did my last game, my 16 year old striker i signed, had 1 in penalty taking and free kicks.(and I was aiming for a challenge for a player to score 1000 goals through his career.)

So I put him on a training schedule of his own, with an intense focus on Set Pieces and aprox half a season later he had 4-4. Then I started a new game :) Almost all the higher pa regens where from Italy, Spain and england.(the leagues I was running) Very few from other countries. So I started a new game with a ddt file from these forums which retains players from alot of countries world wide, in hope of getting an even spread of talents.

But as said, I would still buy that youngling, and try and train him :) the worst thing that can happen, you buy him for a fistfull of cash and a 6 year old bottle of whiskey, if he doesnt turn gold, a few seasons later you sell him for a nifty profit.

humz, I'll give that a test one day :) Never mocked about with training much, though I did my last game, my 16 year old striker i signed, had 1 in penalty taking and free kicks.(and I was aiming for a challenge for a player to score 1000 goals through his career.)

So I put him on a training schedule of his own, with an intense focus on Set Pieces and aprox half a season later he had 4-4. Then I started a new game :) Almost all the higher pa regens where from Italy, Spain and england.(the leagues I was running) Very few from other countries. So I started a new game with a ddt file from these forums which retains players from alot of countries world wide, in hope of getting an even spread of talents.

But as said, I would still buy that youngling, and try and train him :) the worst thing that can happen, you buy him for a fistfull of cash and a 6 year old bottle of whiskey, if he doesnt turn gold, a few seasons later you sell him for a nifty profit.

That's a good option if money isn't a problem. Now I'm managing Penafiel a lower league team from portugal and I have to think carefully who to buy, because if I buy a player that won't become a good player that 6 years old bottle of whiskey will become handy. :) But like I said, I think that a youth with good vital attributes for his position and good potential will always become top class player. You can always train him hard in order to raise the lower attributes but I don't know where this will end up!!! I think I will try this, when I have some money to spend.

Cheers mate.

By 'potential rating' you mean as calculated by ScoutGenie, which is a 3rd party app. This rating can change. I'm not sure how the creator arrives at the figure (and it is VERY different to the way it's calculated in FMRTE), but I'm guessing it's how the player will max out on default training (all other factors being optimal).

The thing is, training reconfigures the attributes. With a good training schedule for a striker, for example, you can take points away from his tackling (which counts for nothing in his potential rating) and add them to his finishing, thus increasing his potential rating.

In short, potential ability cannot increase, but GenieScout and FMRTE's potential rating can.

Archived