• Ever increasing transfer budget

AVB1980
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I've played games of FM, with Tottenham from before and after the latest patch and have noticed that after the opening of the January transfer window my transfer budget keeps going up and up! I've checked thoroughly and it's definitely not the result of instalment clauses...

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 15/03/2023 at 15:46, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for flagging. We will place under review.

Will there be any further updates, or will this just be picked up for the next version of the game? :confused:

Yes I have the same issue, I’m managing fiorentina. Every month I’m getting an increase of £30m roughly each month from player sales. But haven’t sold any players. I had £18m transfer budget after 1st window. Now into November first season I’m up to £85m. 

On 15/03/2023 at 11:46, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for flagging. We will place under review.

Hi I started a new game last night and reverted back to the original database. Still same issue getting £20m every month income from player sales without selling anyone. I’m using iPad. Hope it gets sorted soon 

I’m currently getting £130m per month at Tranmere. No players sold and the transfer budget is getting a bit ridiculous. Think it’s time to call this save game a day.

8D9CF592-75A4-4897-BC36-FB06FD8E37DF.png

• SI Staff

Hello, @AVB1980 

We have tested the issue with nearly 4 seasons with Tottenham. No budget increase was observed without reason.

In the first season, when the January Transfer window opens, a message is received in the Inbox that the board is making extra funds available due to the improvement in the club finances.

@Duggs Please can you send us your Tranmere save file so we can investigate further, to do so:

1) Connect your device to iTunes.
    2) Scroll down the main navigation panel and go to File Sharing.
    3) Football Manager 2023 Touch.
    4) We can't go into individual folders to extract specific files, instead we have to extract the entire folder. Click the folder containing the file you want (games) and click save at the bottom of the panel.
    5) Choose a location on your computer to extract this. Please ensure there isn't already a folder with the same name in the same place, and click save to.
    6) You can now browse that folder on your PC and access the files as normal.
    7) Upload the save to our cloud base: https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

I have the same issue with update 23.4 and 23.3

have simulated 5 seasons and it happens every time. In October of the 1st season I had 277.000.000 Euro Transfer Budget without selling a player and still increasing. 

It also happens with my exiting save with Crystal Palace in season 6. 

On 27/03/2023 at 15:38, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, @AVB1980 

We have tested the issue with nearly 4 seasons with Tottenham. No budget increase was observed without reason.

In the first season, when the January Transfer window opens, a message is received in the Inbox that the board is making extra funds available due to the improvement in the club finances.

@Duggs Please can you send us your Tranmere save file so we can investigate further, to do so:

4) We can't go into individual folders to extract specific files, instead we have to extract the entire folder. Click the folder containing the file you want (games) and click save at the bottom of the panel.
    5) Choose a location on your computer to extract this. Please ensure there isn't already a folder with the same name in the same place, and click save to.
    7) Upload the save to our cloud base: https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

It wasn't just January! It started in January, then went on and on every month with increases, as described by the other guys. I thought that maybe I'd missed a notification, but it became quickly apparent that it was every month...

i agree with the others. You can test with almost every team and at some teams it’s happening. 

as example it did not happen with Schalke but with Bayern it startet in October. in the PremierLeague almost every team is increasing. 

At the moment the game is unplayable as I would be able to buy players for 1 billion by end of the season. 

Any feedback on this? I pay monthly for Apple Arcade only for FM and the game is simply not playable at the moment. Play the touch version for years but this bug is a game changer. 

if this can’t be changed I would need to cancel the Arcade.. 

• SI Staff

Like said above we have been unable to reproduce internally.

We will need save files investigate further, to do so:

7) Upload the save to our cloud base: https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

On 06/04/2023 at 19:16, Zachary Whyte said:

7) Upload the save to our cloud base: https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Hi Zachary - I think I know the problem. I'd already deleted previously saves hence not uploaded. However am playing again with Bournemouth and the issue has not occurred. The big difference is I have not sold any players with instalment fees. Previously the issue always happened to me from January after doing this, so I wonder if there is an issue with this calculation?

On 06/04/2023 at 19:16, Zachary Whyte said:

@Zachary Whyte - Ok - this has happened again. I'm pretty confident that it's related to loans with a mandatory purchase - the money for these seems to be added every month. I'm using a mac and have no idea how to connect to itunes (old man alert!). When I look for it in finder it takes me to the music app, when I go online for it, I've no idea what to do...Reproducing should be easy though just by doing a loan with a mandatory purchase...

On 04/05/2023 at 13:05, Zachary Whyte said:

Thanks for the update, we'll investigate further.

Hi @Zachary Whyte - if this issue is replicated, will it be resolved in this version of the game, or wait now until 2024 version?

• SI Staff

Hi, we've still been unable to reproduce this issue internally.

Can we ask, do you mean the mandatory future fee is added in instalments, or the full amount every month?

I.E, if the fee is £10m, are you receiving £10m every month, or £1m for 10 months?

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, we've still been unable to reproduce this issue internally.

Can we ask, do you mean the mandatory future fee is added in instalments, or the full amount every month?

I.E, if the fee is £10m, are you receiving £10m every month, or £1m for 10 months?

Hey Zachary - I managed to find thesave file in my mac of the most recent one - please just run it on and watch the budget go up! Wetransfer link below.

https://we.tl/t-OjMd77qdhw

On 15/05/2023 at 14:06, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the save file. :) 

No problem! Hope it helps identify and resolve the issue :)

• SI Staff

Hi, we've tested your save and this appears to be fixed.

If possible, do you have a save from before this issue starts to happen? This will help us run further tests.

6 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, we've tested your save and this appears to be fixed.

If possible, do you have a save from before this issue starts to happen? This will help us run further tests.

@Zachary Whyte - no unfortunately not. When you say fixed - as in from a patch? Or it's just not happening moving forward from the date of the game? I stopped playing this time as soon as I noticed it.

• SI Staff

Hi @Brad-1986

We need another save to help us investigate this further.

Would you be able to send us your save file where this occurring, to do this: