• Saving game bug

Bakkelicious
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Hello!

I allready added support tickets on Sega site for this, but i want to tell you this is a big problem for everyone i know that plays FM23 console on windows.  

I tried to recreate the problem several times, and started new games. There is no logic in when the bug occurs.  You can play for hours with no problem, then after you played a few seasons the autosave cant save the game.

You can not save it manual either, and in some instances the game shuts down back to main menu.   Sometimes the backup save files disapaer too.

Yesterday when the save game happend, i could not save any of my older files either.   Then the current active savegame gets deleted.   This is a nightmare, so i hope you try to fix it.

Maybe the bug came with the new data update, i didnt have it until after.    FM23 Console on windows has been the worst version since i started with CM in the 90s...   so many bugs... and new failures..

I hope you will fix this, and make the next version better for us players.  I miss FM Classic.    The full game is just too much, its too slow.  We married family men with children cant play 6 hours a day, and an quick game, with instant results are a great escape from the daily life.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I fully support this opinion, I have just lost 3rd save game this way in this edition on PC. So I have lost each one that I have started. This has never happened to me in the past and I'm playing every version since 2016. Basically, game saving feature is completely broken and will fail sooner or later, always. This game should be 100% refunded to all owners, as it's unplayable with save game being removed for every career that you ever start.

Now going to request reasonable repair plan:

1. Restore normal save game model, instead of cloud-based to make the game usable. It's not playable this way.
    2. Full save game on local disk is 100% obligatory. Cloud can be a backup, but never the only save game location. No discussion on that.
    3. I have 3 file rolling save, but all the time I can see only one save for career to load. If latest one is broken/gone, I cannot restore older file and my career is gone again. All 3 file rolling saves should be available to the user all the time, from local disk.

Game costs twice as much as 2021 edition, but because of this issue it is unplayable and useless. It is stealing money from customers! I'm reasonable, but also very angry! Redesign save game model and fix this issue ASAP. It was being reported almost since launch and nothing has changed. This is unacceptable for a paid product. I can understand some gameplay issues not being addressed in current version, but absolutely cannot accept loosing all save games all the time. You must be asleep if this is still not fixed after so many months! This should be your P1 priority at least since late 2022.

• Administrators

We'll investigate this as a priority, we've had a few tickets come through and our Dev team are aware. Still a lot to unpack and figure out, but it's on our radar. 

This has happened to me multiple times (& friends on Console or playing Console Version on PC).

I play an online game with others and we just lost over 10 seasons because of this bug the other day which is devastating. 

The forced cloud saving is a nightmare. The option to save locally should be enabled with cloud as a backup as this is a serious game breaking bug.

JBZ

Posted

I have just encountered this bug and can only echo the sentiments of the first post:

On 30/06/2023 at 16:11, Antonio Mourinho said:

The forced cloud saving is a nightmare. The option to save locally should be enabled with cloud as a backup as this is a serious game breaking bug.

If this is the reason (and I suspect it is related- also annoying is cannot change the location of the Sport Interactive folder incidentally) seems a no brainer to enable this?

@Kyle Brown - has this issue been resolved by now? I've had no heart to even launch the game since June...

If not, you should set up a task force to root cause and fix this issue. Do you have a group of engineers working 100% of their time on this issue exclusively?

@Zachary Whyte

Does it mean that you don't intend to port the fix to 2023 version? It would at least give us a chance to verify that the fix is working. Experience with 2023 version so far is a huge red flag when considering buying next version.