• Mixed language in game

LewyBdx
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello,

I play the game in French language. However, half of the texts in the User Interface are in English.

I checked the settings, and I'm set to French for both "game language" and "data language".

It's a little upsetting. Any way to fix this ?

Thank you !

Capture d’écran 2022-10-20 à 23.28.21.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-20 à 23.28.46.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @LewyBdx can you show us a screenshot of your preferences that show this and upload a copy of your save game so we can investigate further? A guide on how to do so is available here: 

Hey @Michael Sant

Thank you for your quick answer.

You'll find attached below all the screenshots needed (and one bonus clearly showing the problem as it's an inbox message).

Save is hosted on file.io here : https://file.io/cafvqUFNnQH3

Sorry if this is not what you expected, your link to the guide doesn't work (it says I'm not allowed to view this page - I'm definitely unlucky tonight 🤣). If you want me to upload the copy in a different way just let me know

If you need anything else, feel free to ask !

Good luck

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 00.05.42.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 00.06.03.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 00.06.30.png

• SI Staff

My apologies I had shared the wrong link and it sent you to a part of the forums you couldn't access. I've updated the link, but here it is again: 

If you can also upload it to our cloud service as I don't believe QA will be able to access it from a third party site. 

Hi,

Just uploaded it to SI Cloud Service. File name is "Louis De Lesseps - Bordeaux.fm"

You should be able to find it, can you confirm it ?

Edited by LewyBdx

You're welcome mate, you're doing great so happy to help whenever I can.

Just a quick question if you're able to answer : do you think this can be fixed somehow in my current save (for example with a patch), or is this save permanently corrupted/bugged ? 

Edited by LewyBdx

• SI Staff
    6 hours ago, LewyBdx said:

You're welcome mate, you're doing great so happy to help whenever I can.

Just a quick question if you're able to answer : do you think this can be fixed somehow in my current save (for example with a patch), or is this save permanently corrupted/bugged ? 

QA will need to investigate further from here. We appreciate its a pretty substantial impact to have but there is going to be work to do on our side to understand how it will proceed moving forward. Can I ask, is this impacting you on any other saves or is it just this individual save file it has affected?

Hi,
    I searched and found this topic. 
    In stead of making a new topic with the same issue I figured I could tag on here. 

Please do let me know if I should make a new post about it. 

I have the same problem. Game first launched in my native Norwegian. 

I changed language to English in game but see that some test is still in Norwegian. For instance Staff roles are written in Norwegian. "Spedier" instead of "Scout", "Lege" instead of Doctor and so on. 

I further see that country names and nationalities are written in Norwegian rather than English. And league names are also written in Norwegian. 

Do you guys want me to add screenshots? 

Joachim // Rangieboy

Edited by Rangieboy

1 hour ago, Rangieboy said:

Hi,
    I searched and found this topic. 
    In stead of making a new topic with the same issue I figured I could tag on here. 

Please do let me know if I should make a new post about it. 

I have the same problem. Game first launched in my native Norwegian. 

I changed language to English in game but see that some test is still in Norwegian. For instance Staff roles are written in Norwegian. "Spedier" instead of "Scout", "Lege" instead of Doctor and so on. 

I further see that country names and nationalities are written in Norwegian rather than English. And league names are also written in Norwegian. 

Do you guys want me to add screenshots? 

Joachim // Rangieboy

Have you changed both places for language?  One is for data and one is for text, so perhaps you only changed one of them?

Il y a 7 heures, Michael Sant a dit :

QA will need to investigate further from here. We appreciate its a pretty substantial impact to have but there is going to be work to do on our side to understand how it will proceed moving forward. Can I ask, is this impacting you on any other saves or is it just this individual save file it has affected?

It's impacting other saves too, tried to do a new one with Southampton. Also the problem appears right from the home menu

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 15.06.03.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 15.07.06.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-21 à 15.08.10.png

Il y a 1 heure, Brian Stapleton a dit :

@LewyBdx this is early access version and as such is not 100% translation complete

My bad @Brian Stapleton, didn't see your comment. 

If the reason is just that the translation is not 100% complete then that's good news, I had a doubt and wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug (as I didn't see other people complaining about this + I've seen screenshots of people playing in a foreign language other than English and they didn't have this problem).

Thanks !

Il y a 8 heures, Brian Stapleton a dit :

@LewyBdx this is early access version and as such is not 100% translation complete

Hi, if I have something written in english instead of french, should I mention it or will it probably be corrected anyway ?

Example :  (show full squad view)

Greetings,

image.png

• SI Staff
    23 hours ago, Spooty67 said:

Hi, if I have something written in english instead of french, should I mention it or will it probably be corrected anyway ?

Example :  (show full squad view)

Greetings,

image.png

I see this one already translated in the text file so you should see it translated the next update, thanks for flagging this

Bonjour à tous,

Mëme probleme pour moi aussi.  Mix entre français et anglais dans plusieurs menus.

Cela sera donc corriger avec la sortie finale de FM 2023 , pas de soucis a se faire ?

Merci.

• SI Staff
    10 hours ago, monsieurpercy94 said:

Bonjour à tous,

Mëme probleme pour moi aussi.  Mix entre français et anglais dans plusieurs menus.

Cela sera donc corriger avec la sortie finale de FM 2023 , pas de soucis a se faire ?

Merci.

Correct, the translation will be complete for main launch version