• Teams hoarding ridiculous amounts of first team players.

m.braathen
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Hi! I've simmed to year 2032 and one thing I notice is that teams have well over 30 players, even if they can only register 25 in most leagues. Obviously some players are exempt from registration, but it's still not realistic. Every team in PL has 5-7 players that didn't spend a single minute in the first team or even development teams, and not even loaned out. I checked a lot of the players and many of them played regularly in smaller leagues. One player for example played regularly in Denmark, 25+ starts for many years, then Arsenal spent millions to buy him, but still he didn't get a single minute for three years. It also messes a bit with recruitment for smaller clubs, as there are no stats available for players who are way too good to not be playing. It also feels unrealistic as I don't think any real life club would just gamble on a player who didn't see the pitch for three years. Will this ever be fixed?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I should add the worst example in my save is Man U. They have 39 first team players, only three of them out on loan. 10 of the 36 players at the club didn't play a single minute and all of them are 22-25 years old, ages where you'd expect them to play a lot.

Yep, it is a problem I raised as well. Terrible squad management from the AI. Many young players that maybe are too good for the reserves team but not good enough for the first team are just left to rust on the side, without the AI trying to offer them for sale of for loan. A lot of good prospects get wasted by this absurd behaviour from the AI

• SI Staff
    On 02/01/2023 at 12:01, abcdf said:

Yep, it is a problem I raised as well. Terrible squad management from the AI. Many young players that maybe are too good for the reserves team but not good enough for the first team are just left to rust on the side, without the AI trying to offer them for sale of for loan. A lot of good prospects get wasted by this absurd behaviour from the AI

We're happy to look into any save game files you have where you feel this is the case with specific teams.

Il 11/1/2023 in 08:00 , Michael Sant ha scritto:

We're happy to look into any save game files you have where you feel this is the case with specific teams.

I already opened quite a few tickets with examples on the topic, I am sorry but I cannot do this as a full time job. The issue is so widespread that you just need to load a random save and select a random team to see it, and I think you should be already aware of it, since all my tickets are deemed as "under review" or "know issue" and literally half the forum has been complaining about this as the biggest issue in the game.

Edited by abcdf