• Limit of X-year contracts for XX years old players.

sirgiorgio
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

So, apparently my board force me to offer only 1-year contracts to 32+ years old players. Which is okay, I guess, but I find it weird that my players are willing to accept 1-year contract renewals even when their contracts expire in 2 or more years.

e.g. Bonucci is on a two-year contract (expires in 2024) worth 12 million/per year, but he accepts a lower wage (11 million/per year) and a contract that expires in June 2023? Ditto for Szczęsny who is, btw, a 32 years old goalkeeper so he's definitely not "old". A bunch of 32+ y.o. players whose contract is expiring in June 2023 simply accept a new contract expiring in... June 2023.

While I understand the reasoning (altough it took me some time to realize what was going on) I think the agent should refuse a new contract offer when it's clearly not in the interest of his client. He could simply say: "I understand that, due to the board's limitation, you can't offer me a decent deal at the current time, let's meet again in one year and see if anything's changed."

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Uploaded the files Juve_1.fm and Juve_2.fm to the cloud, before and after Bonucci agreed to sign a new contract (2024 ---> 2023, and a smaller wage).