• Scouting Focus Not Showing Found Players Who Match the Criteria

egesagin
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hi,

I'm playing as Galatasaray and 2 of my scouting focuses are having issues. One is searching for an Advanced Forward, and the other is for a mid CA Turkish national (any position). For both of these assignments, I get "in progress" under the inbox reports. When I check them out, it seems that they would fit. After a while, the next report comes and "in progress" is back to zero, with no near matches or recommendations. However, when I check out Scouted Players from the Scouting Hub, I see matches that were clearly scouted as part of these assignments (I haven't manually assigned anything else) and were also suggested in Scouting Update inbox messages.

As these players fit the criteria and they were seemingly found as part of the assignment (I remember seeing them in the "in progress" list of players when I checked), I believe this to be a bug and they should be displayed as either recommendations or near matches. Attached are a few screenshots to show that the players match the criteria, as far as I can understand.

I've attached uploaded a save file named "Ege Sagin - Galatasaray-Scouting Bug.fm" which is 4 days before my most recent inbox about a scouting focus, but the issue unfortunately started a while ago so it might not be very helpful. You'll notice that I've shortlisted Orkun Kökçü, and not discraded his regular Scouting Update recommendation. So that can't be a reason it's not shown in the recommended or near match part of the scouting focus.

Thanks!

scouted striker.jpg

Scouted Turkish.jpg

striker assignment.jpg

Turkish Focus.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

We will put under review and take a closer look. Thank you. :) 

Hello,

Just to update, one of the players (Traore) was finally included in the focus recommendations 2 months after he was fully scouted, sent to inbox via regular scouting recommendations AND disappearing from "in progress" part of the focus (I think). I guess there might be a weird issue with timing and sorting of the reports. 

Thanks for taking a look!

I've been having this exact issue in my current save also.

Players definitely fit the criteria but disappear from the recruitment focus once they are fully scouted. They don't show up in either recommended or near matches but I believe they definitely should. 

Hi there,

It seems that the amount of Transfer & Wage Budget is included in the Recruitment Focus (makes sense in some way, but not all). Also the willingness of the player to move to your club is taken in advantaged.

My Transfer Budget is € 2.000.000,- and I have barely any Wage budget left.

I tried to see what is happening here. So I loaded up a new save in the Netherlands with all the players of the top competitions loaded. Then I first did a manual scout of the available Goalkeepers. So that I know which ones where there and match the criteria. Then I reloaded the save and try the recruitment focus for:

• a GK
    • in Denmark
    • with a CA of 2,5
    • a PA of 3,5 star
    • With a Top focus.

I tried the same process for some other areas a swell.

• The first thing I notice is that not all the the available GK of the country are added in the Recruitment focus.
    • The second thing is that GK you already have in your Scouted players list wont end up in the list again.

When you see the initial list there are some GK that match the CA & PA values of your recruitment focus. But when the Focus is wrapped up the are not in the list or near matches. If I check them the Asking price is mostly above the € 2.000.000 or their Wage is not within range to pay them. Also sometimes they just don't want to join you and therefor not show as recommended.

"I think this should be something you can set within the Recruitment Focus. Because if they don't show up I don't know they are there. Else I could sell a player and have it within my budget."

What I also think is weird that it does include player who does not match the minimum PA. I get often recommendations about players who met the CA but not the PA. I would expect those in the Near Misses instead. Because these are not what I asked for.

So now I only use the Recruitment Focus when I need a player based on its CA and within my budgets. I do miss the old assignments of the previously FM as then you can sift to the reports yourself and decide by yourself if you want to add them in the Scouting Centre. That is not possible anymore and a shame to be honest.