• Can’t fill out B squad staff

Long Islander
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Playing as FC Cincinnati and was able to fill out staff for main team and only 3 coaches for B team. We have room for 3 more coaches and 2 scouts but I can’t place ads for them. The board have no restrictions on how many staff I can hire. I’ve fiddled around with staff responsibilities but to no avail. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for this post @Long Islander. For sample size, I am managing FC Cincinnati as well, and am unable to fill the B team staff. While I am able to post adverts, my issue is that even when filtering for "Interested Staff - B Club" in the staff search, any offer for a B Club role results in an ultimatum for me to offer a first team position or negotiations will end.

Two examples I include screens of below, both found with the B-Club filter in staff search: 36 yo, would be first non-playing role, National C license, 1 star rep, not a particularly talented coach. Then, 31 yo asst coach of a 2nd tier Honduran Club making $7.5k annually, national C license, 1/2 star rep, not particularly talented coach. Both listen to one B-team offer and counter with an ultimatum.

image.thumb.png.a223a9ede5659b282c0dc101eba05817.png

image.thumb.png.95b0e9ba3f83f96b1a4d7782dafa13c2.pngimage.thumb.png.04b2c50dd7ac0e767e1db7d4be670b26.pngimage.thumb.png.1496888df20a7dbc827f6da5cbd3d9fb.pngimage.thumb.png.c2428d6e4368d890c0930c51f3c265da.png

A follow-up, now managing FC Charlotte. A 32 year-old, 1-star reputation coach with a National C License and no backroom experience wants over £600k to coach our B-team affiliate. Unable to fill any other B-Team roles at this time either. In my last job I was eventually able to sign a few positions, but it had to be a very rare situation where a candidate has a current job elsewhere at a very low salary. Even then, the vast majority will request a salary or first-team position beyond possibility. In three seasons at FC Cincinnati, I only managed to sign 4 B-team staff members total, and they were whomever were in the scenario detailed above that I could get to agree. Any candidate without a current salary, including those working for an amateur team without a defined salary, will request a salary or position far beyond possibility.

Not being able to improve the coaching of B teams throughout the MLS, or even fill out a staff, is becoming a big hurdle to enjoy any youth development gameplay in the league. Uploading a save as bdonahue2 - GreedyBTeamStaff

Hi @Kyle Brown, any updates on this one? Haven't gotten anyone to agree to a B-team position still. Resorted to delegating B-team staffing to my general manager last season hoping AI would find a way, but no staff was added throughout the season. 

I did try to use the in-game editor to add some staff members who had previously responded to our B-team adverts. When trying to add a staff member though, the only B-team position I can assign via the editor is Head Coach.

Thanks!