• 2nd Team Coach Contracts

Zebu Nation
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I'm unable to sign coaches for my 2nd team because every coach will ask for 1st team salaries, which the board will not allow.

It happened in FM22 also.

I've seen it with several teams, but specifically when trying to sign coached to Nashville 2. Even the worst coaches in the world will ask for salaries that the board will not allow.

With Nashville in MLS, place an ad for a 2nd team coach and try to sign any coach. They will all ask for 1st team money, no matter how bad they are. The board will not allow you to sign these coaches and you will have no 2nd team coaches for your entire career*.

*Occasionally you can find a terrible coach from South America or Mexico who is willing to take a low enough salary to be able to sign him, but this is rare.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same issue here. I can easily get a really good coaching staff for my U19's but as soon as I try to sign the same people to a B team specifically (not a U21 team), they reject me. Is it maybe an issue with the reputation of the team that the U19 team is associated with (they share reputation with the senior squad) but B teams do not?

Edited by Dijon-Main

I remember running into this issue in last year's version--if I'm not mistaken, I think a possible cause was the fact that B teams don't appear in a playable league?  I recall messing around with the editor to make a potential Vancouver B team eventually show up in a created Canadian pyramid, but I never made it far enough into the game to see if it worked and allowed you to hire an actual staff.

Sadly, you can't even use the optional Real Time Editor to assign B teams a full coaching staff as a work-around as only a few positions (i.e. Head Coach) can be selected.