• LaLiga: Stadium requirements

ajoobah
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hi,

Minimum stadium seating capacity in the game is 15.000. Clubs that dosn't have this can play 2 years in their current stadium.

I don't believe that to be true and I just recently read this; "FC Andorra, which plays in Spain’s second-tier Segunda División, has been granted permission to build a new 6,000-capacity stadium on the site of the Prada de Moles sports facilities in Encamp... The stadium itself would meet the requirements to play in the top-tier LaLiga, and FC Andorra plans to host other events at the venue to increase revenue."

Link: https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2022/08/01/pique-owned-fc-andorra-set-to-develop-new-stadium/ <-- That is not an official link but let me try to explain

Eibar have renovated their stadium 3 times but still only have 8800 in capacity - and they played 7 years in La Liga before being relegated. Clubs like Ibiza, FC Andorra, Huesca and Fuenlabarada will never get a 15.000 capacity stadium. I Football Manger 2022 I was promoted with Ibiza - after first season I move stadium to Mallorca. That is just not realistic

If you google "LaLiga stadium requirements" there is an article from 2016 which says the capacity is minimum 15.000 but I'm sure that has changed. I dont understand spanish but I want to google futher. I dont want to play with clubs like Ibiza and Andorra in FM23 and then switch stadiums because the rules in the game is outdated :)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have to admit... the game is right. I've found this this: https://assets.laliga.com/assets/2022/07/29/originals/c7f5f578c2ad878622f013013532c54d.pdf <-- Updated in march

"a) AFORO: En Primera División deberán tener como mínimo un aforo de 15.000 espectadores y en Segunda División de 6.000."

I wonder how Eibar played 7 seasons in La liga but they did renovate in 2016 and 2019. So they were trying to reach 15.000..

Guess I have to live with Ibiza being moved to Mallorca stadium :D

Zoiberg

Posted (edited)

@Sebastian Szlenkier....As the link @ajoobah posted says, this are the real limitsand should be kept...

It happens that IRL this are flexible limits, and clubs are allowed to transition to new stadiums / upgrades while they play at first division...but the limit rule it's official.

Edited by Zoiberg