• Champions League SWISS league (24-25 Season) League sorting looks wrong

jibdu
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

So the rules say results against teams, then goal difference. But after 2 games I am below teams that I have better goal difference than, who I have not played. Should I not be above them as the results against shouldn't matter.

Also I thought they were getting rid of the results against part of that on the new rule set. That's what I read on a couple of websites explaining the new rules set. So I could be misadvised. 

Results I had were a loss to PSG and a win over Benfica, in case you need to know that bit.

Thanks

20221026213848_1.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Results against still matter. It's based on all teams with the same points, so there will be a 10 team mini-league for all the teams on 3 points with their results against each other. If you haven't played any of the others you'd just be on 0 points, but some of the others probably have played each other giving them more points in the mini-league than you. If you hover the mouse over the position (15th etc.) it should show you the mini-league table.

Thanks, I can see that now. Is that really how they're doing it IRL though? if you only play 8 teams there's a real chance you may play none of the teams you are level on points with and finish below a team and miss out on say a top 8 place and get dropped into the extra knockout round. Doesn't seem a fair way of doing it when you're only playing a quarter of the teams. Seems a weird decision to do results against before goal difference. I suppose that's UEFA for you though.

On 03/11/2022 at 10:59, Kyle Brown said:

We'll investigate this, thank you. 

Is there an update on this? Is what rusty217 suggests correct? I believe he is correct in how the game functions but not sure this is how it should work

I've just missed out on qualification based on head-to-head without playing any of the teams on the same points. I find it hard to believe this is the IRL structure, imagine the uproar if this happened in the real champions league

image.png.c73edbe9ef7443febdffc46d79cfa884.png

On 24/12/2022 at 08:40, angvtond said:

how do you see the head to head record for teams on same points?? please

You hover over the position number (9th in my post) and it should appear

Edited by TQuadz