• Fixture Issues

SJMurfin
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have a fixture related bug / issue and I'm not sure where to post it so hopefully here is a good place to do so.

Playing as Arsenal, we are in the Europa league in the first season. The draw for the competition has taken place and the fixtures are now in the schedule. However, I noticed that one of our fixtures on a weekend after a European night hasn't been moved. Therefore we play PSV on the Thursday and then Tottenham on the Saturday (in the early kick off slot too may I add).

This must surely be a bug as this wouldn't happen in real life - All the English teams competing in either the Europa League and Europa Conference League ALWAYS play their following league fixture on the Sunday. I have attached a screenshot below.

fixture_congestion.thumb.png.ef7c13b48dd1260cad83a3eb19cd3e69.png

Please note that all of the other fixtures that follow a European night fixture HAVE been moved to a Sunday as you can see in the following week of fixtures regarding Nantes and then Leicester (although 3pm for a Sunday kick off is again not really a normal time).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Since noticing this initial fixture issue, I have seen even more issues with unrealistic fixture scheduling - This time featuring teams that are playing in the Champions League. As you will see below, there are Premier League teams playing their Champions League matches in midweek and then playing their next Premier League match on the following Friday - This just wouldn't happen in real life.

tottenhamfixtures.thumb.png.403019563097712618861510a03a7c4c.png

cityfixtures.thumb.png.7b87291d3a3b9b5741f73930bdab0f27.png

The amount of Friday night games scheduled in the Premier League in general also seems rather unrealistic. Can the balancing or weighting on this be adjusted?

On 03/11/2022 at 10:54, Kyle Brown said:

We're reviewing this and investigating, thank you for the spot. 

I've just got towards the end of my first season and I have made it to the Europa League final with Arsenal playing against Tottenham - What a story! There are also only two games left in the league and I am challenging the title.

However, our last game of the season (and Tottenham's last game of the season) has just been rearranged as we are both playing in the final meaning that we won't be playing the title decider on the same day at the same time like everyone else (and like it would normally be in real life).

You can see below the two sets of fixtures for the Premier League below after the rearrangements.

fixtureset1.thumb.png.e3c2d9a8c26b319534248eeb14c9a4de.png

fixtureset2.thumb.png.c243712639476218de81247674391d3c.png

This really does take away all the excitement of the last game of the season - Especially when it will be a title decider. It's also something that just wouldn't happen in real life. Is this something that can be fixed for release?

In season 23-24 i had games on 29th of November - 1st, 5th, 7th and 10th of December. In 11 days 5 games.image.png.e180e07c5f629f1c59071c3016262a20.png

In season 24-25 i had games 6th and 8th of February. 

image.png.18c1850437394bf40fff9fe0285f2a03.png

End the season 25-26 i have games 5th and 7th November. Every season i experienced schedule like this unfortunately. This is so unrealistic. Needs to be fixed, i believe.

image.png.34e8431b0b48ca963d3039714be5f3df.png

Edited by a.emreerten

Fulham already 3 matches behind in match week 5 due to the game taking away weekend matches due to having a Thursday conference league match.

image.png.a71712f276ca0247b3e21e925da64ed1.pngimage.thumb.png.e4b28dc5c10cefe9138943266ef60da8.png

• Administrators

Do you have any save files prior to the matches being moved? We can't get it to reproduce on the latest versions, and the save you've provided doesn't show any future fixture rearrangements to that extreme other than what's already happened. 

I'm afraid not however I was able to replicate it, I think it is due to there being a mid week Premier League match arranged in the 2nd week of the season for some reason I don't understand. There should not be a league match there, there has never been one irl that I can remember. Uploaded a pre change and post change file. HornSI1 and HornSI2. The team affected this time is Chelsea.