• African Champions League Squad Registration

HaroldHammond
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I see this was a bug earlier too, dont think it has been resolved in the big update recently? For some reason i cant register players for the champions league, the tick is just greyed out. If i hover over the 'x' to deselect them, it says 'INE'. No reason for these players to be ineligible. Is there an update on this SI? Making my pentagon challenge very difficult when i cant use my full squad for the champions league! 

As you can see, some players are just greyed out, i cant select them. No reason for it, no pattern that i can see. 

image.png.4d1aa59ef54c7e5fc40d3f157ce0c08b.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 06/12/2022 at 16:36, Abdullah Patel said:

Thanks for flagging this with us, we are looking into this further.

Same issue here. Makes the game impossible to play. 

Hi, 

I also have registration issues for continental competitions. The registrations for other competitions are fine as far as I know.

I am currently managing Supersport United in South Africa and I reached the dealine (1st August 2026) to register my players for the African Champions League. I joined the club in January 2026 and I have not played continental football with them yet.

When I click on the 'respond' button,  16 registration spots are automatically taken although I did not select anyone yet (see attached picture, green square). As mentioned above by HaroldHammond, the ticks are just greyed out for 21 players and all of them have played continental football at some point during the save (whether it is with Supersport United or with another team).

For 5 players, the 'x' is blue (see picture, underlined in red) and when I place the mouse on it, it says 'Ine'. The aforementioned players either joined the club during the save or were generated a year after I started the game.

For the other players, the 'x' is greyed (underlined in yellow, see picture) and these players were already at the club or were generated when I started the game. Since they are 16, I suppose they correspond to the 16 registration spots already taken. Actually, when I simulate 1 day of holiday, these players are registered but the other 5 players I mentioned earlier are still not registered.

If you guys want to have a look at it, I uploaded a file named: Medounez_Supersport_united_CAF_registration_issues.fm

Thank you for your help and I wish you a Merry Christmas :-)

Best regards,

Médoune

FM2023_issues.thumb.png.c351fc048e664a4fb774641325ceb984.png

The reason for this bug has been known since the beta. You can't register players who've ever played African continental matches since the start of the save, in either African continental competition.

I suspect the bug with the North American CL is identical.

So, you just have to work your way around it, by only signing eligible players, or even better, never letting your eligible players leave. (Although of course if you're taking over a club in '26 or so, then probably the damage / transfers have been done).

I know this is a bug forum, but because the last bug report was closed, maybe it will be helpful for users to understand what the bug is exactly.

SI do know about the bugs.

Edited by vikeologist

It's absolutely shameful from SI that this is still an issue 2 months after release. Has rendered pentagon challenges nearly impossible.

Have somehow managed to get Africa and Asia, but just qualified for North American CL for first time with Santos Laguna, and am unable to register 13 players for the competition. 

Shambles. They've known about it since the Beta. I think this is genuinely what will stop me from ever buying another version of FM.

image.thumb.png.eb332f76a831bf2757a8dcce0a34da24.png

• SI Staff

Hello, we're very sorry for the inconvenience. 

We do have this being examined by the developers. Unfortunately this issue was missed first time around, due to some chaos in the intial thread that was posted.

We are looking to hopefully have this resolved for the next update, though we can't guarantee it will be fixed, thank you.

• SI Staff

Hello, this issue has been resolved in our recent Main Data Update.

Although you will need to start a new save file for the change to take effect.