• Players concerned about playing time when they should not be

rusu83
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

i noticed that these 2 players, Tammy Abraham and Jamal Musiala, have concerns about the playing time when they shouldn't, at least in my opinion... i really don't understand why but i will try to explain:

1.  Musiala who is a star player and has started in 21 out of 25 (5 out of 5 last games), with 1579 minutes played and an average of ~75 mins/game.

2 . Abraham is regular starter and has started 18 out of 25 (4 out of 5 last games), with 1491 minutes played and an average of ~82 mins/game.

3. I don't understand why Abraham has "Expectations (next 5 matches)" set for important player when he is set for Regular Starter...

4. in the game their Agreed Playing Time is the same as the Actual Playing Time (screenshot bellow)

5. Jan Oblak is also a star player, has started in 18 out 25 and is happy with the playing time (screenshot bellow).

6. i have a very close relationship with both and that should not be an issue

7. the team is performing exceptionally and their stats are also incredible - later in the save, that year they will win the young footballer and footballer of the year awards

8. no editor of any kind was used throughout the save

this is an issue that i also noticed last season with 2 other players, Carrasco and Griezman, who also had  concerns about their playing time when i was using them all the time in the startup team ... i though it was on the account that i was the new manager and was still settling in at the club.... they both eventually left the squad. what i'm trying to say that this might influence the player manager relationship and create unnecessary issues which may lead to them wanting to leave.   

in conclusion player reactions this year aren't justified at all and don't have correspondence with real life football which this game tries to simulate. i hope this does not work as intended

1151714561_FootballManager20231_5_20238_42_27PM.thumb.png.9c44337ee546f1bd458ab15232ea4a55.png1635700259_FootballManager20231_5_20238_40_09PM.thumb.png.63a0538686b9cb8d9983056c8ae65f39.png1341873914_FootballManager20231_5_20238_42_17PM.thumb.png.aac12c2286ed6566f94a6d296a6dca06.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello @rusu83we have logged your save and will do some investigating.

To answer some of your above questions:

It's important to remember that 'concerned' is a 'pre-warning' just suggesting if it carries on there might be an issue. A player being 'concerned' is not 'unhappy' and just means there's something to keep an eye on. It's is VERY unlikely you'll ever have a top tier squad with everyone happy with playing time over a course of a season.

Some of this can factor in to a players attributes as well (I.e. more ambitious players want to play more)

1) Musiala is a star player. He expects to start every game & play pretty much every minute because he's the 'star player'. In your save he's being subbed off nearly every game, quite a few of the games with 20+ mins lefts, as a star player his concern is justified.

2) Abraham probably shouldn't be concerned, he's on the edge of satisfied/concerned but we'll take a look at this.

3) He wants to become an important player (enter contract negotiations and this is what he demands/wants) and, as he's close to dropping down from regular starter, needs these mins to keep on the level he's currently on.

4) Yup, but they're both being subbed off/missing games which is causing them to be concerned (it's just a concern though, they're not unhappy)

5) Goalkeepers are worked out differently as they're less likely to get subbed and more likely to be rested for cup games.

6) Player cares about playing time, the player relationship with a manager will impact how long before they get unhappy with the manager and complain to them/team mates and how the subsequent conversations go.

7)  Individual players have a playing time (and a desire to play as much as possible) and aren't getting what they think is agreed. They might win awards in the future, but that doesn't affect the playing time they're not getting right now.

hello @Zachary Whyte, i want to thank you for addressing my issue and I'm happy you will further investigate my issue. While I mostly agree I would like to comment on some things that you mentioned.

1) Musiala is a star player. He expects to start every game & play pretty much every minute because he's the 'star player'. In your save he's being subbed off nearly every game, quite a few of the games with 20+ mins lefts, as a star player his concern is justified.

I mostly substitute players only when their condition gets to poor because I don't want to risk an injury or their level of performance is not at the required level, IRL a player, especially because he is star player, understands that at some point of the match he is being subbed in order the get rested for future matches and/or not risk and injury if the match is already decided.  I can understand a star player being upset for being subbed when his team is losing/ drawing for not being able to demonstrate his worth but i assure you this is not the case. 

7)  Individual players have a playing time (and a desire to play as much as possible) and aren't getting what they think is agreed. They might win awards in the future, but that doesn't affect the playing time they're not getting right now.

In the screenshot i provided you can see that the Actual Playing Time for musiala is the one of a Star Player so him being concerned about not having the playing time of a star player doesn't really make sense. Both Musiala and Abraham are getting the agreed playing time and yet they are concerned 

Capture.thumb.PNG.b00b5544e0bd599d4f006cf3013cc715.PNG

It's is VERY unlikely you'll ever have a top tier squad with everyone happy with playing time over a course of a season.

abraham and musiala are both my best players and are in top of the squad appearances. they play more than everyone else in the team and they are the ones concerned

Capture2.thumb.PNG.13969af097e3899ee454080da52fc07d.PNG

in the end all i'm saying is that their reaction is not justified at all is the more curious since the game says their are getting their agreed playing time

i will wait your further investigation into the issue. 

thank you again! 

• Administrators

We've made a few changes that should address these points, but do let us know if you spot anything similar in future.