• [23.2.2] Player unhappy with playing time

Sunstrikuuu
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Jack McKay (squad status: squad player) is unhappy (expected playing time: squad player) with his playing time (actual playing time: squad player).  Apparently this lack of playing time (the expectation and reality are the same) has alienated him.

This has been a problem for years.  

Save: Edward Parris - Vauxhall Motors - McKay.fm

Save begins on 11/30.  Don't start McKay in the game on December 1, but he can come on as a sub.  The dialogue will trigger on December 4. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This player is a fringe player, and I'm treating him as such with one sub app across 4 cup games and 5 league games.

However, the game says he's getting used as a squad player, and the game says he wants to be used as a squad player, and the game says he's unhappy that I'm not giving him his agreed playing time (which is fringe player, and I am giving him that).

image.thumb.png.a5661b0c3bf5086fc941441d9a833927.png

image.thumb.png.702912971fb0d52745facfed2e2f636c.png

Can't make sense of it from any angle.

From just before the inbox message: "vps feb iiii."

Edited by Weston

Marttinen is my backup keeper. I signed a new first-choice keeper to replace my old first-choice keeper, and my backup keeper is upset that my new first-choice keeper is replacing him (when he's clearly not). Because of this he's training horrendously and "unsure" even while literally still in his usual backup spot. There's no sensibility to this whatsoever.

image.thumb.png.edf135b0075130be638af1a8b078d6dd.png

Edited by Weston

I have two players whose Actual Playing Time is Regular Starter.  Their agreed playing time is Squad Player, their expectations are Squad Player, and they expects to play in the next match because they're concerned about playing time.  Like what the hell, man. 

I have nine days left in my $1 month of Gamepass, and when those nine days are up I'm done with FM23.  I've only been playing it to do all these damn bug reports, and it's been incredibly demoralizing watching them sit without acknowledgement.

I have a backup goalkeeper (name is Omar Salazar), with an Agreed Playing Team as Backup.

image.png.5356321630a801de1d846391e9ea619c.png

Because of injury to my First Choice Goalkeeper, I had to play Omar the last few games (2 from the last 2, 3 out of the last 4).

image.thumb.png.755a1f2edd218401ab20f6683058082f.png

Directly after playing the last game, he comes to me saying he feels he should be getting more playing time!!

image.png.98036d4ecab08ded4247ea04d99f8486.png

Seems a bit odd, as he has been playing the last few games, don't you think?

I uploaded the savegame files "Lioncasa - Belenenses - SaveGame - Before Issues Unhappines GK Salazar.fm" and "Lioncasa - Belenenses - SaveGame - Issues Unhappines GK Salazar.fm", for a before and after comparison.

6 hours ago, Lioncasa said:

I have a backup goalkeeper (name is Omar Salazar), with an Agreed Playing Team as Backup.

image.png.5356321630a801de1d846391e9ea619c.png

Because of injury to my First Choice Goalkeeper, I had to play Omar the last few games (2 from the last 2, 3 out of the last 4).

image.thumb.png.755a1f2edd218401ab20f6683058082f.png

Directly after playing the last game, he comes to me saying he feels he should be getting more playing time!!

image.png.98036d4ecab08ded4247ea04d99f8486.png

Seems a bit odd, as he has been playing the last few games, don't you think?

I uploaded the savegame files "Lioncasa - Belenenses - SaveGame - Before Issues Unhappines GK Salazar.fm" and "Lioncasa - Belenenses - SaveGame - Issues Unhappines GK Salazar.fm", for a before and after comparison.

This is a great example of where/how the game should be having this player (if he says anything at all) say "I'm delighted with getting all this playing time as a backup, thanks" or even something like "I've performed really well during my chance and think you should consider upgrading my status to first team."

But instead we get something in between that is completely broken in a way that makes no sense in either direction.

But also -- what does Actual Playing Time: Youngster even mean?  What's the difference between that and Backup, expressed in real terms?  How are Younster/Hot Prospect/Breakthrough Prospect/Fringe Player/Backup even different in terms of playing time expectation?