• Geography related mistakes

ianvou
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

La Châtaigneraie has been set wrongly as a town of Nouvelle Aquitaine, in reality it belongs to Pays de la Loire region.

Also in the 2nd attached photo there are five teams in the db that they belong to a region but their town/city is missing.

La Châtaigneraie.png

french_clubs_without_city.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi @vourtsio,

Thanks for your feedback, the region is now fixed for la Châtaigneraie.

We will need to create the missing cities for the 5 other clubs as they doesn't exist yet in the DB.

On 12/04/2023 at 14:33, kda2602 said:

Hi @vourtsio,

Thanks for your feedback, the region is now fixed for la Châtaigneraie.

We will need to create the missing cities for the 5 other clubs as they doesn't exist yet in the DB.

Basically i found the teams that are not assigned to a region.

Have a look at it below.

not_assigned_to_a_region_teams.png

Edited by vourtsio
    mistake

Yes I had a deeper look into other missing regions after your first post.

As long as I remember (and except the cities in your own screenshot) I also added a region to Locmariaquer, Baden, Locoal-Mendon and a few others, and fixed a few coordinates too ;)

On 14/04/2023 at 19:47, kda2602 said:

As long as I remember (and except the cities in your own screenshot) I also added a region to Locmariaquer, Baden, Locoal-Mendon and a few others, and fixed a few coordinates too ;)

Hello, Just a small detail i noticed on editor.

There are 3 teams havind the name CERNAY in them.

1.AS Cernay Berru Lavannes, this team seems to be ok.

2.Union Cernay Saint-Genest, this team has its base in Cernay (N.Aquitaine) that is missing from the DB and the closest city is Châtellerault on the DB, and not in the same name city Cernay (Grand Est) that is set upon that team. Therefore this team cant't be the new team of Sporting Club Cernay (see next team)

3.Sporting Club Cernay, is correct set as extinct but this club was in Grand Est region,therefore Union Cernay St Genest can't be the new club of this team. A new team was created this year in Cernay, Grand Est by the name of Cernay Football Club so if this team will be present in the new game, it is considered to be its successor!

Le 20/09/2023 à 18:06, vourtsio a dit :

Hello, Just a small detail i noticed on editor.

There are 3 teams havind the name CERNAY in them.

1.AS Cernay Berru Lavannes, this team seems to be ok.

2.Union Cernay Saint-Genest, this team has its base in Cernay (N.Aquitaine) that is missing from the DB and the closest city is Châtellerault on the DB, and not in the same name city Cernay (Grand Est) that is set upon that team. Therefore this team cant't be the new team of Sporting Club Cernay (see next team)

3.Sporting Club Cernay, is correct set as extinct but this club was in Grand Est region,therefore Union Cernay St Genest can't be the new club of this team. A new team was created this year in Cernay, Grand Est by the name of Cernay Football Club so if this team will be present in the new game, it is considered to be its successor!

Hi Vourtsio,

Thanks for the feedback.

So I removed the "link" between Union Cernay Saint Genest & Sporting Club Cernay.
    I added a new Cernay city (the one in nouvelle aquitaine) and linked it to Union Cernay Saint Genest.
    For the Sporting club cernay and the new club, I'm afraid I won't be creating it right now, it's too low on the french pyramid.

Thanks again and don't hesitate to tag me if you have others stuffs like that.

On 14/04/2023 at 19:47, kda2602 said:

@CWaka Hi mate, yes i have some and if i find more i will let you know!

So just to be totally fair here are details from previous post:

Cernay in Grand Est: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernay_(Haut-Rhin)

Cernay in N. Aquitaine: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernay_(Vienne)

1. I found 5 teams that there is not an assigned city to them probably because those cities/villages are missing from the db.

2. I also found 10 teams that there is not an assigned region to them (the deleted one in the photo is Monaco which is a Principat and doesn't belong to any French region).

3.Some other stuff you may want to consider and change is on EDITORS HIDEWAY post:

I also did a huge dive in the lower league existing teams in DB and also i found some mistakes:

Teams that shouldn't be extinct and they are.

Teams that are extinct and are set as active.

Teams that changed their name and carry their old one

etc

If you want ask me to share that txt file with the changes!

french_clubs_without_city.png

not_assigned_to_a_region_teams.png