• Freezing on joining online game

Pjay11
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hi everyone me and my friends are doing a Spain network game and it was all good but now all of a sudden they cannot join my game, they find the server and put in the password but when it says joining game, that screen disappears and they cannot join, or their game takes very very long to load and they have to restart it. I cannot join their games either, for context it's the first season just after the World Cup, there are 4 of us in total and 3 of us have jobs the other got sacked recently 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello can you please upload your save file to us, you can see how in the link below:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Can we also ask, have you tried this again since the first instance? The servers might have just been temporary down when trying to join.

An additional thing to try would be to send the save to one of your friends so they become the host?

I have tried multiple times and still the same result, I also cannot even join my friends save so sending them the save doesn't help unfortunately, I will upload my save shortly 

I have uploaded my save by the name Pjay Majozi613180.fm 

So please take a look and see if you can help, if there is anything else you'd like me to try just ask I'm  available anytime

15 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the save, we'll review further.

Thank you looking forward to the results of your investigations. 

• SI Staff

Hello @Pjay11

We have tested your save and we were able to join the lobby. We can see there are windows store users in the save, have they perhaps changed their windows store privileges to not allow online play or cross play?

We even had a random person being able to join the lobby while we were testing, so the save seems fine.

Things to try would be, swapping hosts by sending the save file to your friends. (Their online preferences were fine as well as it was set to open.)

Also, have the tried naming the lobby to something else?

41 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @Pjay11

We have tested your save and we were able to join the lobby. We can see there are windows store users in the save, have they perhaps changed their windows store privileges to not allow online play or cross play?

We even had a random person being able to join the lobby while we were testing, so the save seems fine.

Things to try would be, swapping hosts by sending the save file to your friends. (Their online preferences were fine as well as it was set to open.)

Also, have the tried naming the lobby to something else?

hi just tried sending the save and joining still no luck, their preferences were set to open but same thing it just says joining game then disappears, tried changing the server name still no success. is there anything else i can send you or try that might fix the issue 

• SI Staff

Hi, can we please get your network logs from both the host and client, instructions can be found below:

• In explorer type %localappdata% and press enter
    • Click on the folder sports interactive
    • Click on the folder [Football Manager title]
    • Click on the folder logs
    • Copy these two logs DISTRIBUTION_EPIC_CHANNEL and MATCHMAKING_EPIC_CHANNEL
    • Add your name to these logs for example “MATCHMAKING_EPIC_CHANNEL john smith”
    • Attach these logs with any network issue along with your save.

In addition can we ask, which cross play users you are playing with are having issues?

Are you seeing all other lobbies?

Have you tried to join another random open lobby?

Are you using Wi-Fi, ethernet or using an extended router?

Have you installed anything which might have changed firewall settings since its stopped working? (Check your firewall)

Have you tried resetting their router? (Factory resetting your router could also be worth trying)

On 15/05/2023 at 17:55, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, can we please get your network logs from both the host and client, instructions can be found below:

In addition can we ask, which cross play users you are playing with are having issues?

Have you installed anything which might have changed firewall settings since its stopped working? (Check your firewall)

Have you tried resetting their router? (Factory resetting your router could also be worth trying)

I will send logs as soon as I can 

I'm having issues with both steam and epic users 

I can see all lobbies just cannot join them, I use ethernet cable directly from router 

I tried resetting my firewall setting 

I'll try factory reset my router and see if that works 

I have no issues with any other games just fm 

On 15/05/2023 at 17:55, Zachary Whyte said:

here you go