• Pre-Game Editor unable to remove transfer fees in player history

DominicForza
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Unable to remove transfer fees in Player History screen.   Using the untick in Detail Screen does nothing.  I can switch to a Other/Undisclosed and that removes fee value, but then can't remove Undisclosed.  I have had ONE instance where I was able to remove a transfer fee, but several attempts with other players it simply hasn't worked.

Pre-Game editor has been a mess at launch in FM21 and 22 (dont recall problems prior to that) and so far FM23 isn't off to a good start either for me!   To be fair, the basic Pre-game editor bugs have been fixed pretty promptly, although the Advanced Rules verification stuff took longer last year.  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

For anyone else having issues with this the workaround I'm using is instead of removing the transfer fee I'm adding a new season and duplicating info (minus the transfer fee of course) and then REMOVING the original season.

A very useable workaround until it is fixed. 

• SI Staff

Hello, could you give us an exact run through of your steps?

We are not coming across this issue, we are selecting the row of the year with the fee, scrolling down to the transfer fee field and unticking it.

I'm also seeing this. If you go into a Playing History with a fee already in the field or if you add a fee yourself, you can't delete the value from the field. It just comes back. This is not using the Details Panel, it's using the list at the top of the screen which has worked fine previously. 

On 09/11/2022 at 05:54, metal_guitarist said:

I'm also seeing this. If you go into a Playing History with a fee already in the field or if you add a fee yourself, you can't delete the value from the field. It just comes back. This is not using the Details Panel, it's using the list at the top of the screen which has worked fine previously. 

I can CHANGE the value of a transfer, both in the basic playing history and details panel

What doesn't work is REMOVING a tranfer fee.  When I remove/delete a transfer fee it becomes $0.   

So if I want to edit a players history so they didnt change clubs in a specific season, I can't remove the transfer fee.  

To work around this, I Add a line to player history, input the matching data for that season and then Delete the original line. It works, but it's a pain in a the butt.

It is still an issue in 23.2 update. 

The other thing I tried doing was for season in player history I wanted to remove a transfer, I clicked on Other - Undisclosed.  But then Other can't be unticked in Detail Panel unless a transfer fee is added!  Which brings me right back to having a transfer fee for that season that can't be removed!.

To summarize - problem isn't CHANGING the AMOUNT of a transfer fee in Player History, it is REMOVING a Transfer Fee in Player History.