• Nation Coefficient turns to 0 after making a continental club competition

ramin1995
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

HI There,
    I've made a club continental league containing some western Asia's club, and after making that I realized that it makes the nation coefficient for the given nations becomes 0. It will cause different problems as you know and after 2 years the coefficient of those countries becomes too low that prevent their clubs to participate in AFC Champions League. You can see the actual nation coefficient in Asia in the first picture. In the second picture, the countries hat i have chosen for this competition are shown, and, in the third picture you can see the coefficients after applying the custom tournament.
    The game calculates the nations coefficient for the ongoing season, but after the season is finished, the coefficient for "last season" remains 0! so these nations coefficients are never raising and are going to remain low!
    Any idea what is going on and how to fix this? I have also attached the editor file here in case it is needed.

Screenshot (109).png

Screenshot (108).png

Screenshot (107).png

Western Asia League V4.fmf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

No one has any tip on this?? any answers to show where to look for the problem?
    There is another competition which is made by @Timo@ that has the same problem. There was the first time I realized this problems occurs when a made-in-editor continental/international tournament is applied to game. it is "Arab Club Championship" and it is not made by me. Now that I made my custom tournament I found out that something is missing. I will attach the file which is made by @Timo@ as well.

Arab Club Championship - By @Timo@.fmf

5 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

It's an issue we have under review and are aware of, but unfortunately we don't have any solution as of yet, I'm really sorry.

Any idea that if it is going to be fixed in the next updates or it is an everlasting problem in FM23?:seagull:

On 03/02/2023 at 13:25, Kyle Brown said:

Afraid, we'll endeavour to find and release a fix as quickly as possible, but I can't make any guarentees.

Do u know if this was fix for fm24?

This is only an issue in the basic rules? Just switch to advanced, remove the "nations" from the continental rules (this is what causes the issue), and then in the tournament itself use "get best teams from division" from the countries you want

On 24/10/2023 at 20:46, themodelcitizen said:

This is only an issue in the basic rules? Just switch to advanced, remove the "nations" from the continental rules (this is what causes the issue), and then in the tournament itself use "get best teams from division" from the countries you want

In this way, there cannot be a dynamic team choosing system, am I right?
    I mean team choosing wont be done from nations coefficient. It just follows as we clarify in the tournament teams. relegation and promotions do not have meaning and every year teams are chosen in the same way. a.e, this year Iran is in the second place which have 4 representatives, and Qatar in 3rd place with 3 teams. next year Qatar moves up to 2nd place but it still will have 3 teams. Am I right?
    However in my designed league promotions, relagations and nation coefficients have been implemented

Take teams from the existing ACL with "get best teams in competition" and "nation" set to, say, Qatar. As long as the setup date is shortly after the ACL draws, that should piggyback off the ACL coefficients. As for implementing your own, not sure that's possible, or beyond me at least