• Custom USA Database causes NACL to Disappear

Digijustin
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

I am working on my custom USA database and got it to verify and it works fine in the game. But I noticed that the NACL has disappeared entirely from my game. If I search for it, it won't show no matter the search. Because of this, there is no NACL at all and no continental competition in North America. I thought that it might be something in my DB so I created a new DB from scratch with just one newly created USA league with 20 teams and nothing else, I see the same issue. I have attached my test database "USADB_WinterUpdateTest.fmf". I have also attached 2 images. One shows the Europe club competitions with its Champions League and other comps and then the same thing with North America and there's nothing in that space. Those comps do not show up in search in-game at all.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a new game with my database file attached.
    2. Select USA at least as a country (I have tested with Mexico and Canada added as well with same results).
    3. Start your game and once you get past the game save, navigate to the globe at the top.
    4. Go to North America and in the right section for "CLUB" no continental competitions show up as they do for other continents. 

NoNACL_NorthAmerica.png

NoNACL_Europe.png

USADB_WinterUpdateTest.fmf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 minutes ago, pepepelanda said:

hello, was there any solution?

I don't think so. I tried my main file and it still was missing the NACL. Disappointing. 

So I just saw latest release and see this bug wasn't fixed. Are you all done with the patching of FM23 and I should just expect this one to not be fixed?

On 07/03/2023 at 07:28, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this is a known issue we're currently investigating.

@Digijustin you are correct in that it is hardcoded to use the MLS, so if you edit the MLS instead, it should work.

Another thing worth noting is that the MLS is required to have 24 teams in order for the North American continental cups to run.

In your original file, changing the rules to affect the MLS and then increasing to 24 teams should allow the cups to run.

What are the rules with Canada in this situation?

I believe it's because most created DBs have a blank field for "continental cup rules", whereas the default US rules has entries there. Just copy and paste those into your custom league and alter accordingly. Without the US actually qualifying any teams that way, the CCL doesn't have enough entries so it doesn't draw.