• Advanced Rules - Promotion/Relegation not matching

JordanMilly
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

In trying to make a Tier 5 German database, I have it set up exactly as I had it last year, which worked, but this year I am getting the following error:

XJcr07W.png

I believe the 3 difference is 2 play off competitions that should be promoting 3 teams from the Oberliga, but they don't appear to be recognised. Also, I do have the Oberliga set to Flexible Format Rules. 

7IMTZ92.png

I will fully admit I might be missing something, but the database I have put together should, from what I can see, work.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, could you give a rundown of how the promotion/relegation between the two divisions is set up? Which child competitions should be promoting/relegating etc.

I'm facing the exact same issue and lots of other people that I know who make league files as well. For us, there is no doubt that there is a bug in the editor, because of three reasons:

1. The issue doesn't come up in every verification. If you try it several times, the editor will eventually verify the file, even though the specified rules are EXACTLY the same!

2. When the file finally verifies and you test the rules ingame, everything works as intended, so the error message in the editor MUST be wrong. There is no other possibility.

3. I'm making league files for 8 years now and I'm facing such verification issues only for 2-3 years now, so it seems like a bug that appeared back then (and has never been fixed ever since).

It's definitely a matter it should be looked into, because it's a critical bug which makes it difficult to verify even simple Advanced Rules.

Edited by Kruj

I'm having the same erorr when expanding Peru to the 2nd division.

The error message is meaningless as all have been set to flexible format rules in my file.

peru.jpg.f51954524ff9b463670bf8ed8198c9ed.jpg

File uploaded onto cloud.

Peru_by_Nicholas.fmf

On 02/12/2022 at 02:14, nicholas.shen said:

I'm having the same erorr when expanding Peru to the 2nd division.

The error message is meaningless as all have been set to flexible format rules in my file.

peru.jpg.f51954524ff9b463670bf8ed8198c9ed.jpg

File uploaded onto cloud.

Peru_by_Nicholas.fmf

This bug still exists in 2024.