• Tactics not saving into tactics folder

littledragon84
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hi 

Each time I start a new save, I need to create a tactic as opposed to using a saved one. 

I created a 4-3-3 and saved it into the tactics folder but I am unable to open this in game. I get a message saying this file could not be imported 

I am having to save my tactics into my FM23 folder instead. I have tried deleted the tactic folder and adding a new folder and renaming it but still my tactics cannot be imported. My set pieces folder and schedule folders for training are working 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

How exactly are you saving the file? Could you talk us through the process in a detailed manner? Or ideally provide a video showing us (you can use OBS which is free screen recording software).

Also worth knowing where your default saving location is for your Sports Interactive. It should be this - C:\Users\Your Windows Username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023

Is yours the same of different? Also are you using OneDrive? 

Let us know, thanks.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

How exactly are you saving the file? Could you talk us through the process in a detailed manner? Or ideally provide a video showing us (you can use OBS which is free screen recording software).

Also worth knowing where your default saving location is for your Sports Interactive. It should be this - C:\Users\Your Windows Username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023

Is yours the same of different? Also are you using OneDrive? 

Let us know, thanks.

Due to lack of space on C drive I've had to use my D drive with regards to saving my games or additional add ons. In FM22 it worked fine whilst using the D drive I was able to save tactic into the tactics folder. 

All I have done on the tactic screen is created a tactic then tried to save it into the already created tactic folder. It doesn't save into the folder. When I try to open the folder it says file cannot be imported.

When I create set pieces I am able to save them into the set pieces folder and open that folder. 

I've checked OneDrive but there's no folders relating to FM23

• Administrators

Did you update where your default SI folder is located via the preferences? If not, you need to do so via the 'location' option which you can search for.

That should in theory sort out this problem. 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

On 15/11/2022 at 15:45, Neil Brock said:

Did you update where your default SI folder is located via the preferences? If not, you need to do so via the 'location' option which you can search for.

That should in theory sort out this problem. 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Still not working, no idea what's happened here.