• No Scouts Allowed

JamieTC13
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Has anything been fixed going from the beta to the proper game as im seeing so many things not fixed like this what was raised many times. Not being able to employ scouts or a chief scout, surly that should of been fixed but its not been touched 

Untitled.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Now it's happening every couple of months they will let me employ scouts and then the next month they will stop me from having scouts. This is so annoying knowing it was raised in the beta and nothing was done.

Untitled.png

The same thing is happening to me in my Taunton save. I few times a season I get the same email saying that the new limit of scouts has gone up to 2 from 0, but when I go to hire a couple scouts, the board blocks the transfers due to the limit being reset back to 0 with no mention of doing so. There's also no way of requesting the board to manually increase the amount of scouts I can employ. I don't know if this is just an issue with much smaller clubs with small amounts of staff to begin with. But I was watching Zealand's Taunton save and he had 2 spaces for scouts from the get go. :/

• Administrators

It's because your scouting budget is too low. If you increase it, you'll be allowed your normal number of scouts.

It's something we're aware of and investigating. Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

It's because your scouting budget is too low. If you increase it, you'll be allowed your normal number of scouts.

It's something we're aware of and investigating. Thanks. 

Thanks for the help, it works. That makes a lot of sense in hindsight lol

This is definitely not about having enough money in the scouting budget that's why they keep allowing no scouts like SI keep saying as this proves it isn't

No Scouts.png

Managing in the Netherlands:

1. Late March -- I have 3 scouts, and the board has allowed me to have 3 scouts all season with my domestic scouting package.
    2. Early April -- The scounting budget reduces to a negative balance (my chief scout is running that mess and has somehow overshot the allocated budget), and so my domestic scouting package disappears. The board reduces my allowed scouts to 0.
    3. Mid-April -- I receive the new transfer budget for next season, which gives me the chance to move some of that budget allocation to the scouting budget and reenable the domestic package. The board now allows me to have 5 scouts.
    4. Late April -- I offer jobs to two new scouts.
    5. Early May -- One of the potential hires accepts my offer, so now I have 4 scouts. The board then changes the limit to 4 scouts, so my offer for a fifth scout must be rescinded.
    6. Mid May -- The board revises my limit of scouts to 3. I still have my domestic scouting package and a positive scouting budget, so I'm not sure why anything should change.

All of this is nonsensical. I have never seen this issue pre-FM23.