• Game suddenly started running extremely slowly for processing

lordjord
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hiya,

Started a game with the FM23 beta as Bolton. Don't have a great laptop and like to have a few playable leagues so I always expect a somewhat slow processing speed. Despite this, my game was fine and was running slowly but fast enough for me. Last few days my game has suddenly become very slow, like between 7-15 mins for processing to the next day. I have no idea why but its virtually unplayable now. Ive removed some leagues with the hope of speeding it up but obviously this wont take effect until end of season, and that could take so long to get to. Im enjoying this save and dont want to lose it. Any idea whats happened. It seems like a very recent change

Thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Em 15/12/2022 em 21:01, ouulcan disse:

Hello Micheal but we are far away from being resolved on this issue. I have group of 3 playing and arrived in the 5th season and recently game started to get incredibly slow BETWEEN DAYS. Now I am uploading the save file. When we cont. inside of one spsific day game works normal but when it comes to do cont. for passing to the next day its processing so long that we started to get so bothered. It literally became unplayable. First 4 season we played nicely but since the last update the more we played the slower it got  It is like our game is collecting some sort of data gathering them more and more and more and more and something gets so much that it cant load the screen easily. We literally tried everything: update graphic card drivers uninstall reinstall the game restarting modems and routers, DELETED THE CASH nothing helped. In the end we came at forums and now we see other players started to have this issue aswell.
    I uploaded the game on sigames owncloud. its name is "hayriiiiii - Galatasaray 3 (v02) (v02) (v02).fm"
    Please test it between days not between hours. We took this save file and tried in different computers even in the best of the best computer it was unplayable. Even without no one connecting its just wont go to next day easily. 

I am exactly experiencing the same issue, the only difference is that I'm in the second season and the game and it's already unplayable aswell. I also uploaded my .fm file to sigames cloud: Turn.fm

Hey sir @Michael Santany update about the situation? I am already like two weeks with this issue and I am not seeing any update or evolution in this case. Everything said in this thread did not work on me... I've tried everything, the focuses and scouts, cache and preferences, update drivers, verify integrity of files on steam... nothing worked. I'd like to play the game in my free times but I simply can't, I've tried multiple saves and the issue is the same: extremely slow to advance to the next day, one time it took almost 10 minutes! I have a good machine to run the game so comparing my specs to the recommended ones are useless. This only came up since the last update this month so please fix it since I did nothing wrong and still cannot play.

• SI Staff

Hello, to anyone who hasn't already, could you please upload your save file to us so can review.

If you could also provide us some information about your save that would be helpful, thank you.

Hello, 

Me and a friend are playing a network game and we are now on the 3rd season. 
    The first season it went fine but on the second season the load time between days started to be longer and longer.
    At the moment, some days take minutes to load.

I uploaded the save to the  SI Cloud Service as requested and the save name is: Fábio Martins - Famalicão.

Thank you

Edited by kosmi

It's been like a month since I first experienced this issue and there is not a single answer or solution... I'm so disappointed...

I am uploading the file for the 3rd time: Turn.fm

• SI Staff

Hello @kosmiand @Lews Therin Telamonlooking at your saves excessive recruitment focuses seem to be a big factor.

As a general guideline you wouldn't want more focuses than scouts. Reducing the scouting focuses should help speed things up.

We are making improvements to processing speeds and focuses, but for now its best to keep them at a lower level to avoid slowing the game down too much.

Yes this is the issue. We solved it. Guys everyone who has this issue just clean your and your friends' scout workload and game will get as fast as new. 

Em 16/01/2023 em 09:05, ouulcan disse:

Yes this is the issue. We solved it. Guys everyone who has this issue just clean your and your friends' scout workload and game will get as fast as new. 

Sorry I didn't understand, where specifically can I clear the scouts workload?

On 10/01/2023 at 13:20, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, to anyone who hasn't already, could you please upload your save file to us so can review.

If you could also provide us some information about your save that would be helpful, thank you.

Hi, i will upload my save as well, not fun any more to play 1 day takes like 2 3 min in my save, had 15leagues in the beginning removed almost all of them and its getting slower and slower :( Armin save name is feyenoord just uploaded it

This solved my issue:

Go to Scouting - Recruitment Focuses
    Remove most of the recruitment focuses. You can leave max 3 or 4 of them.
    Hit continue and thank me later

This solved my issue:

Go to Scouting - Recruitment Focuses
    Remove most of the recruitment focuses. You can leave max 3 or 4 of them.
    Hit continue and thank me later