• Game Crashing At Certain Date

JoeWright
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I have a save that I've been playing over the last few months, I am currently in the year 2036 with 8 managers. I haven't had many big problems with crashing until now, where it seems like I can't get past a date within the game. The date its crashing on is August 27th 2036.

I haven't added anymore leagues, managers or any files into the game it has remained the same for the last few seasons. 

I have tried everything I can think of:

- Updating my pc

- Restarting my pc

- Updating my drivers

- Verifying the games files through steam

- Uninstalling the game and installing it again

- Deleting Preference and Cache folders

- Going on Holiday past the date

- Resigning my managers

- Changing the transfer budget

- Taking away control from my managers

- Removing leagues

- Moving my managers to other clubs

- Switching to various backup files 

And probably more, still without any solution.

I would like to know what's going on with the file and if there's anything I can do to fix it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Apologies for the delay in responding, can I just double check what platform you're on and then I'll escalate it to the relevant team.

• SI Staff

Hello, looking into your save, this is a known crash that we're currently investigating.

However, due to the very rare nature of the crash, I.E. managing many different teams, deep into the future, with custom files added, this is unlikely to be resolved in this FM cycle.

We apologise for this inconvenience.

On 19/06/2023 at 16:52, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, looking into your save, this is a known crash that we're currently investigating.

However, due to the very rare nature of the crash, I.E. managing many different teams, deep into the future, with custom files added, this is unlikely to be resolved in this FM cycle.

We apologise for this inconvenience.

Thanks for acknowledging it.

Problem : I really believed you when you said it was due to my first attempt being an heavy modified database, plus old save running from beta version, that was, at the time 4 month down the drain.

Having restarted fresh without any database edit (custom files i don't remember, and i don't think i use them this time). It took me 3 month to get to the same point (actually one less season, the crash occuring on the first strike of "continue" after the last UECL qualifier for new competition format), and now, crash.

Playing those 15-ish teams is the only way i play the game since CM3, it has never been that bad at this point of a version lifecycle.

I just want to cry.

At least it is steam sales, other game studios are going to love you !

CytheReattempt2023.fm uploaded on your cloud...