• Unable to select/change tactics for reserve team, no training emails from reserve squad.

Balder88
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I'm unable to change or select a tactic for my reserve team.

If I select one of my first teams tactics it automaticly sets back to "No Primary Tactic Selected". Reserves head coach is in charge of all training, tactics and match responsibilities for the reserves team.

If I take controll of the training for the reserves team I can not change anything in the tactics menu for the reserve team. Everything is grayed out.

The "Available first team players for the Reserves match" shows an empty pitch with no tactic selected. If I look at what tactics has been used in a game it defaults to the prefered tactic (formation) of the reserves head coach (Verified with two different reserve head coaches)

If I select to recieve training emails for my reserves squad I will instead get training emails for the u19 squad. If I select to recieve training emails for my u19 squad I will get the correct emails. When both are selected only the u19 emails are sent.

fm23_1.PNG

fm23_2.PNG

fm23_3.PNG

fm23_4.PNG

fm23_5.PNG

fm23_6.PNG

fm23_7.PNG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same issue.

I have a U19 squad, for which I can set Primary trained Tactics, and I receive the training e-mails.
    However, I also have a U23 squad, with the same issues as the post starter explains.

I have set up responsibilities for both teams exactly the same, still they are different!

I have played around with responsibilities, managers, without a positive result.

I'm having the same issue in England with my U21 side for FM23. Last year, in FM22, it was my U18 side that had this issue and I just ended up finding a manager with a similar tactic. 

Maybe in-game editor and switch the manager's preferred formation is a good workaround?

This is incredibly frustrating that it is still an issue and seems like a fixable bug.

• Administrators
    On 19/12/2022 at 17:56, Balder88 said:

Save file was uploaded to the SI "Owncloud" not sure how the save file is linked to the bug report.

What's the file name of the save you uploaded? Let us know, thanks. 

Tinkered around a bit with this last night and might have come up with a makeshift solution:

take control of managing u18 friendly matches, schedule a friendly match as the next upcoming fixture for the u18 and it allows you to create a new tactic for the u18s

EDIT: this didn't work. when i returned control of managing friendlies i went to check and the tactic wasnt used.

Edited by Mysharry

On 29/12/2022 at 13:09, Neil Brock said:

What's the file name of the save you uploaded? Let us know, thanks. 

buggedReservesTactic.fm uploaded on the 19/12-2022.

Edited by Balder88

@Michael Sant
    I'm confirming that my save running on 23.3.0 there is still an unresolved issue.

When I'm "responsible" for training in the U21 team, I'm unable to change the tactic the U21 team is training on or using in matches.

The option on the U21 tactic screen is greyed out and you cannot interact with it. The normal option that appears on the "Development Center" page is completely gone. This is also true for my U18 team.

Save uploaded: Ted Lasso - u21Tactic.fm

devcenter.PNG

u21tactics.PNG

@The_Batmantis:
    Training and match tactics are different, and are controlled with different Staff Responsibilities.

About the Match Tactics:

I have Staff Responsibilites for Tactics set to my U23 Head Coach and U19 Head Coach, so I cannot set the to-be played formation for my youth teams. But that is to be expected as I have delegated this responsibility. See the first uploaded image.

About Training the right Tactic:

How is your Staff Responsibility set up for training?
    See the second uploaded image, for the "correct set-up".

What do you see when you go to Under 21s in the (right) side bar and click on Training > Overview?
    There you should be able to change the trained tactic, IF you set-up the Staff Responsibility correctly.

image.png

image.png

@LioncasaSorry, this is not correct. Because if you set your youth staff to be responsible for all areas of the youth teams, you can still order them to play with a selected first team tactic.

Edited by The_Batmantis

On 04/03/2023 at 16:45, Lioncasa said:

@The_Batmantis:
    Training and match tactics are different, and are controlled with different Staff Responsibilities.

About the Match Tactics:

I have Staff Responsibilites for Tactics set to my U23 Head Coach and U19 Head Coach, so I cannot set the to-be played formation for my youth teams. But that is to be expected as I have delegated this responsibility. See the first uploaded image.

About Training the right Tactic:

How is your Staff Responsibility set up for training?
    See the second uploaded image, for the "correct set-up".

What do you see when you go to Under 21s in the (right) side bar and click on Training > Overview?
    There you should be able to change the trained tactic, IF you set-up the Staff Responsibility correctly.

image.png

image.png

Did you also only got an U23 Team afterwards? I am also playing in Portugal and got promoted with Tondela. Board wanted a B Team and with that also came a U23. As the U23 is not there from the beginning, I have the same issue. It says my U23 manager is handling the team tactics

Hi at0myq,

I got the B and U23 squads later in the save.
    Since the update in March, my issues have been resolved (if you set the responsibilities correctly), with regards to training tactics.

21 minutes ago, Lioncasa said:

Hi at0myq,

I got the B and U23 squads later in the save.
    Since the update in March, my issues have been resolved (if you set the responsibilities correctly), with regards to training tactics.

I have the same responsibilities set for my U19 as well my U23 and I changed the staff all around but it still doesn't use my tactic. What responsibilities have you set?

15 hours ago, at0myq said:

Did you also only got an U23 Team afterwards? I am also playing in Portugal and got promoted with Tondela. Board wanted a B Team and with that also came a U23. As the U23 is not there from the beginning, I have the same issue. It says my U23 manager is handling the team tactics

3 minutes ago, at0myq said:

I have the same responsibilities set for my U19 as well my U23 and I changed the staff all around but it still doesn't use my tactic. What responsibilities have you set?

See my post, with screenshots, I posted on the 4th of March.

4 hours ago, Lioncasa said:

See my post, with screenshots, I posted on the 4th of March.

Ah I see thank you, but unfortunatly, I have the exact same Staff Responsibilities like you do.