• UEFA Champions League FFP Bug

bebgiungi
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

We are playing FM23 in online mood, in Italian Serie A. One of the players failed from UEFA FFP on 2 consecutive seasons, but still goes to Champions League. We simulated the situation and pass the 3rd season, his game again failed from FFP. But guess what, he still goes to Champions league?

Is FFP rule really applied on FM 23? When and under which circumstances will there be a fine/ban?

As you can see below message, Bologna made a loss of 108m Euro, and failed to comply UEFA FFP.

image.png.59809a525be1a4bea762afdf8f67aad7.png

But the following season, Bologna still goes to Champions League, and FFP penalty was not applied. You can see 2029-2030 fixture below. 

image.thumb.png.47f24700949a23f591cd81b759525580.png

And following season of 2029, bologna failed again on FFP but still goes to Champions League

image.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

15 hours ago, bebgiungi said:

@Neil Brock any feedback?

mate, they have hundreds of bugs to work on. When they release patch they will try to adres as many as possible. Hopefully yours one is there, but I had reported 3 or 4 so I hope my are addressed ;-). But most likely big chunk of bugs will not be addressed as SI at one point will start to work on new version of FM, what also may bring some patching of old bugs, but that will be in FM24.... 

On 16/03/2023 at 10:55, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for the save, the team will investigate. 

Hello, this has happened on my online save with my friends, is there any news on this? it's ruining the integrity of the save if we can just spend whatever we want with no repercussions 

The new UCL format has caused many bugs of this kind, like UCL release clauses not activating and player promises of qualifying for UCL being broken. I would not be surprised if this was the same thing, the FFP ban only affects the old format competition instead of the new format. Good news though, it will be solved in FM25 since only one format will exist then!

On 26/03/2023 at 21:03, Nacaw said:

The new UCL format has caused many bugs of this kind, like UCL release clauses not activating and player promises of qualifying for UCL being broken. I would not be surprised if this was the same thing, the FFP ban only affects the old format competition instead of the new format. Good news though, it will be solved in FM25 since only one format will exist then!

xD

It is a bug over a badly implemented mechanic. You are playing in 2029, and we already know that actual UEFA FFP rules are different from the FFP coded in the game, limiting your expenditure to 70% of your income. The game doesn't reflect this.

Edited by noincophydr