• Negative Transfer Budget

Gary James
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have a negative transfer budget.
    I do not know why this could have happened as I have only signed a couple of players for a small amount.
    any ideas?

image.thumb.png.d8c0bab6f86951709cf15bff9b551d1f.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Would you be able to provide your save file, I appreciate it's been a few weeks but we'd need that in order to investigate further. 

I have uploaded 2 new files which should help your analysis. @Kyle Brown @Zachary Whyte

''Gary James - Negative Transfer Budget - v2' - This file shows on 19th May I have £764 in my transfer budget.

''Gary James - Negative Transfer Budget - v3' - This file shows that on 20th May 2029 the date I get my new scouting budget I have - £584,035 in my transfer budget. I have not selected a scouting package either so this is not a factor.

Is there any updates on what could be causing this? I like a challenge but I am having to sell a star player before I can sign anybody each year and I also miss out on all the good free transfer opportunities.

Started a new save and it has happened at the end of the first season again.

I had just over £2k transfer budget and used to my wage budget to buy a player so it went up to £5.72k.
    New scouting  budget day and I have -£49.9k

@Kyle Brown@Zachary Whyte what is causing this? There is no point playing the game as it stands as I am constantly set back for no reason.

File Uploaded - Gary James - Negative Transfer Budget - v4

Edited by Gary James

I have worked the issue out.

So when my scouting department is running out of scouting budget they are continuing to scout causing a negative balance on scouting budget.

Then on new budget day that negative scouting budget is being taken away from my transfer budget.

At the same time I am being awared my new scouting budget so it looks like I have randomly got a negative transfer budget.

@Kyle Brown@Zachary Whyte why do my scouts keep scouting when they have run out of budget?

On 26/06/2023 at 20:18, Gary James said:

I have worked the issue out.

So when my scouting department is running out of scouting budget they are continuing to scout causing a negative balance on scouting budget.

Then on new budget day that negative scouting budget is being taken away from my transfer budget.

At the same time I am being awared my new scouting budget so it looks like I have randomly got a negative transfer budget.

@Kyle Brown@Zachary Whyte why do my scouts keep scouting when they have run out of budget?

So no fix for this yet? Just happened for me on my Bryne save. 2 seasons i a row. Can't buy any players before a new season is a pretty heavy handicap...And the save is ruined.

@Kyle Brown@Zachary Whyte Hi both,  this issue still exists in FM24.

I have transferred my file from FM23 to FM24 and thought I will turn on the ''Keep Scout Report up to date'' in shortlist ticked.

I have been playing for about 4 months on FM24 with the optinon ticked and my scouting range has gone to no scouting but once again I am accruing debt.

I zm currently on minus 189k and that means I will have to turn that option off before it destroys another save. Are we near a fix for this?

image.thumb.png.eafdb64f8158adfffc3200f31aa98948.png

File Uploaded - Gary James - Negative Transfer Budget - FM24