• Assistant keeps changing my training schedule

wazza_d
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

The most annoying thing that has finally reached my boiling point and I don't know why this has not been addressed yet after a long few years.

I setup my training schedule - I am in charge of general training. I don't want the assistant to change it because of fixture congestion or whatever he thinks is best. NO. I am in charge ... I am the manager, I don't care for their suggestions.

I setup my training schedule to cater for fixture congestion and to maximize player growth.

It always happens before or after a match day. Before a match day they always replace whatever I have in with 'Match Preview' and after match day they replace whatever I have in place with a 'recovery'.

'Please review and feel free to make an changes you deem necessary' ... OK ... I'll change it back to the way I had it before ... every ... single ... time.

Please can you give the option to either accept their silly suggestions or decline it.

Below I had 'Match Practice' which was replaced with 'Match Preview'

image.thumb.png.da05161ee1c6b9b854e41f5c815f35a1.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, could we please get your save file from just before an example of schedule being changed. Fixture rearrangement will always cause some degree of change, due to the slots being taken up by match, travel, recovery. Thank you.

It has been happening for a long time - in previous versions of FM ... think up to 19.

The point is, why bother with custom training schedules to get the best out of your squad when you assistant manager does his own thing, it literally defeats the purpose.

If I have matches on a Sunday - Wednesday - Sunday and I setup my training schedule like this:

wed-sun.thumb.PNG.6b7d27836c2260e6e28c2bf8238b39ed.PNG

The Monday in the schedule is the day after the match played in the previous week - hence Sunday (previous week) -> Wednesday -> Sunday.

If I set this in my calendar - The Monday schedule shown above still gets completely replaced by a 'recovery' session. I manually rest my players so the others who didn't play or much many minutes will train instead. Yet the assistant is insistent that the training schedule should be changed according to him - just because he feels like it.

It is honestly super frustrating and don't know why you make the assistant do training schedule changes when I am the one in charge of training. They should listen to me and if they want to suggest changes - I should say YES or NO.

The same will apply if I have a training schedule to cater for a match on Monday the next week/following week.

If I were to setup my training schedule that leads up to the match on Monday next week and for arguments sake, I have a Tuesday match in the current week - I'll set up my schedule like this:

Tues-mon.thumb.PNG.00012e38c6865f3aa54c26c152369690.PNG

If I set this up, 'Match Practice' session on Sunday gets automatically replaced with 'Match Preview'. Again, I am the manager.

You really do not need my save for you to test. It happens regardless. I just wanna stop banging my hand on the table and shouting at my screen because the Assistant manager does what he pleases.

Also - I will specifically place the 'Resistance training session in S2 slots after match day to cater for Travel slots, so it gets pushed down to ES slot.

Another example:

After assistant made changes:

131262392_Assistantchanges.thumb.PNG.5a8788c9511e392976a00da99b69aebf.PNG

Viewing Original Schedule:

381761134_originalpreview.thumb.PNG.bfe83fbc0eb5f3151efb5de0e93bd177.PNG

There is surely a simple fix or solution to this.

• Administrators

We still need a save file prior to the rearrangement so we can investigate and make the necessary changes, if you have one? 

image.png.cb443a4bfed977b32ce68998399000d8.png

Also - just a note in the same save as well. Look at the Portugal National Team 'Landmarks'. Where Bruno Fernandes and Ruben Dias were being made Captain / V-Captain and then next day swapped around that made Fernandez upset.

Can you please fix this, you had 7 months already and this still keeps happening. I'm playing a multi-team save and it's ridiculous, I wasted so much time undoing changes by ass man which I did not even ask.

I have resorted to firing my ass man at every single club to prevent this stuff from happening.

All what you need to code is rather than ass man changing the training schedule due to match fixtures, ass man proposing to change match schedule so we can accept/reject. We are in control, as per the settings, why should ass man even have the power to change it.

Edited by Rhand