• Notch can no longer be hidden on M1 MacBook Pro 16”

kevez27
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Since the update you rolled out last week, I am unable to enjoy the game without the MacBook notch getting in the way. I understand the 14” users were pestering you regarding the borders but you have now ruined it for people that prefer the notch hidden as they play on a 16” model. Certain skins have vital information which is blocked out by the notch. Even on the base skin the dressing room atmosphere is behind it. 

Apple made a workaround for apps that don’t play nicely with the notch where it could be hidden by the user if they wanted to, that could be accessed through the GET INFO tab of the application that I used when the game was released. This isn’t even available anymore. 

From the Apple website:- “Apple notes that developers can update their app to work better with the notch, in which case the "scale to fit below built-in camera" setting no longer appears.

I think you’ll agree that you haven’t updated the game to work better with the notch. You have just removed the option for those that used it. Please reintroduce the option to scale to fit below the camera (as seen in attached picture) or include an option in game instead. I’ve tried my best to work around the lag issues you cannot fix but this new issue on top of that is really frustrating 

24CAC2BD-468C-4516-B332-5818D99F2275.jpeg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have just purchased a new Macbook Air that has the notch, and I am suffering from the same issue. The FM app does not include the "scale to fit below built-in camera" and when I play FM in full screen mode the notch covers the top of the game. If this option could be put back in then that would help. At the moment I am having to play the game in either windowed mode to see everything, or play in full screen mode with the top of the game cut off

• Administrators

I've flagged this with the relevant team and we'll investigate, as there's nothing in the patch notes to suggest that we would have changed anything regarding scaling on Macs in the last update.

Could I have you remove your cache and preferences folders and see if that helps at all? 

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997644231185-How-to-remove-my-caches-and-or-preferences-folders-in-Football-Manager-