• Unrealistic defending

sbrownfiley1
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Reproduce:

Open match file.

Click the Matlock goal scored on 71 minutes.

Issue: Left back running far beyond the ball and player.

Matlock v Derby.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

More examples do help our QA team with investigating it. If you also have some pkm's to share odemill that would be greatly appreciated. A guide on uploading files is available here: 

again some stupid reaction, opponent shot long ball to attacker but my DC Gabriel and Holding dont follow flying ball. They run away from ball and leave space that opponent attacker take the ball..just funny..opponent of course scores

image.thumb.png.a0fb7b2fcbd870ff8a379f027e7f8ada.png

image.thumb.png.c11c1613c3611851d21839490c8aad50.png

image.thumb.png.b11bdf64fe9cd52eab9fa4823eaae5f7.png

Rangers v Arsenal.pkm

please repair defending because its very annoying. Look at goals in 1 game. I cant believe how the defending is bed so many stupid mistakes

1 goal-17.26-Ramsay has ball but opponent steal defenders lose orientation and goal

2 goal -19.16-elliot steals ball in control of opponent (he can pass, shot ball in crowd but he await to my player that steal him ball and assist in middle to score

image.thumb.png.27c6e7e14e66e0416686232724634c36.png

4 goal-71.13-Ramsay have ball he losses it and opponent cross in 5 meter box and Matip holds ball and wait to opponent that stole the ball and shots in goal, just ******** goal same as 2 goal in game...look at it.. in one game 2 same goals..and in first was funny steal of ball this is not real.

image.thumb.png.422858dcc93f70e49f9f8de78b9e7065.png

Go Ahead Eagles v Liverpool.pkm

Just to add another example, Braga on the ball, DM gets a pass but just stands there waiting for the ball to feet, gets intercepted:

image.png.d26785cedf2fd4fe9bdfa8e5437f4bd4.pngimage.png.291267486241ad1d5e5f18c503d3da3c.png
    Adding to the above point, I am coaching Braga and I have set Pass Into Space intruction and Max Tempo, there should be no reason for the DM to wait for the ball to feet there. Al Musrati has 15 Decisions stat.

Then the pass to the forward goes through both CBs, none of them react or even attempt to block the pass:

image.png.142895f6de70a0bd5714c0890628b86a.pngimage.png.412db4c5707bbd5e8dfb71e36191af29.png

PKM file included

VTSC v BRG.pkm

Edited by Zaidu

Jumping on this thread to add an example from my save

~81 minutes in my Winger (8) loses the ball high on the left hand side, the movement of 4 and 39 is really poor. 

image.png.5c9605621e3c447835dfd00098ffac88.png

I have low defensive line on and drop deeper so I am really confused as to why they are stepping up in this situation. PKM attached, many thanks

Which then puts me in this position and their striker is clean through on goal 

image.png.c38e86dfd75814fcfd2df8650239923d.png 

Dynamo Dresden v 1. FC Saarbrücken.pkm

another crazy reaction of DC...

57.30-third goal, long ball behind opponent last man and his defender dont run to ball, he left my player to take ball and score...just crazy...please fix this ASAP game i unplayable (DC stand to far one to other, have strange moves, dont hold line, losses ball to often, shots long ball to opponent even if i had short passing)

image.thumb.png.07dc70ada3665b6e1a7aea29733ead87.png

image.thumb.png.a3fc90943c2edc8ab9228f11c176650a.png

Aston Villa v Newcastle.pkm

beta is just unplayable... again 2 goals because my DC are like some Cheese with hole and too far one of another

first goal-right DC should be on line of passing

1.thumb.png.716c3a8f7fb325594e51f108f6503042.png

Second..look space between DC and DR and DL is more close to DC then one DC to other..fantastic...Opponent just runs through middle and scores..

2.thumb.png.09e4a058388f4a46dc7aeda218cad1d9.png

Aston Villa v Brentford.pkm

Got some awful examples of this sort of stuff throughout my save... tends to happen (largely exclusively to my own defenders, not the AI's) about three or so times a game, and invariably leads to goals.

See both goals in .pkm file here. Both times I've got CBs running away from players/the ball, standing around letting passes go by them, showing awful positioning, jogging lightly back toward their goal instead of sprinting when an opposition ST is breaking through, not tracking runs, the whole shebang.

No missed headers in there, but I've also seen plenty of those. Also seen plenty of the other examples in this thread of defenders and midfielders just sort of standing around awkwardly waiting to get tackled. Often in very dangerous places, too.

These sorts of things have always been issues in FM but they seem to be 10x worse in this edition... :-( 

FC Volendam v RKC Waalwijk.pkm

See again for me here... check attached match file. Defending throughout (also for opponents Ajax this game, to be fair) is ridiculous, but check out in particular the three minutes or so before and after the 20 minute mark, and the defending around Ajax's 4th and 5th goals.

Defenders just wandering around, having a little stroll in the opposite direction of players or the ball as it goes past them, showing no interest in intercepting or clearing the ball as it rolls across them in the 6 yard box, no one remotely interested in tracking runners.

It's genuinely ruining the game experience for me.

Ajax v FC Volendam.pkm

Hi Zachary I think it's an issue with the OI "Trigger Press". It seems to happen when players you want to press have the ball, the entire back line will step up to attempt to press them. 

pkm attached, incident at 4min mark, my entire defensive line charges straight ahead when Ofori has the ball, and I have asked my team to trigger the press when he has the ball 

Another example for the Paderborn goal (45+2), defenders seemingly just wandering off up the pitch. I suppose that one you could argue my defenders are trying to play their forwards offside

Paderborn v Dynamo Dresden.pkm