• No network connection - unable to join online game

JamboLad
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Hello currently in game status is shows as ‘no network connection’

A group of us are unable to join our weekly game. 

is this an issue on our game or is there an issue in game? Not seen this on fm22 but we did see it last year once. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Been having this issue for a few weeks, some days it works and some days it doesn’t. Has anyone got any tips they try to make it work? NAT types are fine and when you look at other open games there are games with more than 2 in so there must be a way.

6 hours ago, Mradamhoppy said:

Been having this issue for a few weeks, some days it works and some days it doesn’t. Has anyone got any tips they try to make it work? NAT types are fine and when you look at other open games there are games with more than 2 in so there must be a way.

Me and my mates have tried everything and nothing works. It’s been not working for a few days now hope it get fixed soon

Hello,here is the same Problem. 4 Players. All XBox Series X, all NAT TYPE: OPEN, all same version 22.2. All from Germany.

We played before some weeks without these problems.

Sometimes all could join the game but mostly, since weeks, only host + another one and then NO ONE ELSE could join.

Thus message appears "Online Spiel beitreten". Then after minutes it pops out and you are still in main menu.

Please try to investigate and fix it.

Kind regards

André

IMG-20211227-WA0000.jpg

Edited by PureVelvet

3 seasons in to our multiplayer save and then suddenly only lets 1 other person join the host. We've done everything you've said and the problem is still there. This has happened with previous multiplayer saves we've done as well.

Hi,

Same issue here, no more than 2 (including the host) of us can get into our online game. All Xbox Series S, though two of us with Xbox edition for PC have tried to join from that also to no avail. All open NAT. All based in South-West England.

Issue first occurred mid-November perhaps but we were able to play a session a day or two later but nothing since then. We haven't been able to play for maybe three weeks now, despite trying at least twice a week.

Happy to help answer any questions to try and find variable, as can see that others are hosting games with 3+ active online connections.

• Administrators
    10 hours ago, Mrfixyoshiz said:

Time to give up with football manager 22 I guess 3 weeks still no fix 

Sorry for the lack of updates during the festive period. Rest assured, we are still in the progress of investigating and fixing this issue and will update on here as soon as we have news.

In the meantime, Can those who are struggling please check their NAT status for me? You can see it through profile & system > settings > general > network settings.

if it's displaying that Double Nat has been detected please can you follow these steps from Microsoft to change this? Once that's been completed can you please try and resume playing your network saves and let us know how you get on? 

10 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Sorry for the lack of updates during the festive period. Rest assured, we are still in the progress of investigating and fixing this issue and will update on here as soon as we have news.

In the meantime, Can those who are struggling please check their NAT status for me? You can see it through profile & system > settings > general > network settings.

if it's displaying that Double Nat has been detected please can you follow these steps from Microsoft to change this? Once that's been completed can you please try and resume playing your network saves and let us know how you get on? 

Yeah we’ve followed all the steps about and all of us says open, it let us on it last night and we’re struggling again today. 

14 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Please speed this up, this is getting ridiculous. We’ve all paid for this game in order to enjoy it for our friends in our free time, when we all have free time over the holidays we can’t play because of an issue that’s taking nearly a month to fix. If this is not fixed soon, Football Manager will lose a large percentage of its player base.

• Administrators
    12 hours ago, Mradamhoppy said:

Yeah we’ve followed all the steps about and all of us says open, it let us on it last night and we’re struggling again today. 

To confirm, you didn't have this network game issue on the 27 Dec evening at all, but the issue resurfaced since 28 Dec?

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Jimmy Wong:

To confirm, you didn't have this network game issue on the 27 Dec evening at all, but the issue resurfaced since 28 Dec?

It wenn fine yesterday and today evening for 4 Players.

I have also been having this problem for a couple weeks with my mates where some days it would only let one person join the host and other days it would work perfectly fine. We gave up on it for a while and played other games however we gave it another try tonight and there were no issues.

Me and 3 friends have an online save and now only two of us can join and it has constantly been like this for a few weeks and reading through these comments are worrying. 
    We’ve started a new save and that lets the three is us in but our old save will not let us in. NAT status are open and we’ve done what we can. 

Simply sort this out as this has been an issue from the start of the month for some people. We know we cannot play our original save until there is an update 

On 29/12/2021 at 09:26, Jimmy Wong said:

Come on now if u go back a page u can see this question has been answered at least 3 times, please ask useful questions and fix this quickly had a month already.

On 28/12/2021 at 09:56, Jimmy Wong said:

Me and my mates have managed to find a fix for this. The host of the game was using the series S while myself and other mate were using the series X. We managed to transfer the save over to a series X and we havent had a problem since 🤷🏼‍♂️

You can find the steps to change over here

hope it helps

I'm having the same issue with my friends, it's so bad because one of them is an arsenal fan and won't stop complaining please help ASAP!! AND BEFORE YOU ASK NO MY NAT TYPE IS INDEED ON OPEN AS WELL AS THEIRS >:((((

11 hours ago, Mradamhoppy said:

Me and my mates have managed to find a fix for this. The host of the game was using the series S while myself and other mate were using the series X. We managed to transfer the save over to a series X and we havent had a problem since 🤷🏼‍♂️

You can find the steps to change over here

hope it helps

where do i save the file to transfer it over and what do i open the file with, thanks.

Hi All, me and a few friends are having the same issue. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. 

I understand it’s the festive season however this really should have been fixed by now as it’s such a game breaking glitch.

As such is there any update you can give to us?

Edited by cameronafc

Me and my friends haven’t been able to get a save going for 3 days now and judging by this thread this is an issue football manager doesn’t care to fix. Time to swerve the game

I don’t understand how a mega company like Sega can’t actively fix their latest release. It’s not like footy manager is 100gb it’s a small game and been over a month. Sega fell off

We're currently working closely with Epic on this specific online game issue. We appreciate the patience that is being shown whilst we find a fix for this issue. As soon as I have any more info I will update you all accordingly.

As I've mentioned previously this isn't a one size fits all case and a number of parties are involved in trying to resolve this issue.

Everybody's frustration is understood,  but that doesn't mean that you can use the forums without abiding by the basic rules of respect and civility.  The SI staff have given an update and are well aware of the depth of the issue but please ensure that you stick to the posting guidelines when posting again.

3 hours ago, FrazT said:

Everybody's frustration is understood,  but that doesn't mean that you can use the forums without abiding by the basic rules of respect and civility.  The SI staff have given an update and are well aware of the depth of the issue but please ensure that you stick to the posting guidelines when posting again.

I agree, no need for some of the language used by other users. 
    Some need to remember that the staff are human too.

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

I would like to formally apologise for my actions used in this forum, although I never used any offence words I do understand that I was just being an inpatient little brat. Anger got the better of me after the game didn’t work for the 6th night in a row. Please I ask can you update us regularly and let the fans of the great football manager 22 know what is going on, thank you. 

6 minutes ago, tiernan.morrison1 said:

I would like to formally apologise for my actions used in this forum, although I never used any offence words I do understand that I was just being an inpatient little brat. Anger got the better of me after the game didn’t work for the 6th night in a row. Please I ask can you update us regularly and let the fans of the great football manager 22 know what is going on, thank you. 

what an honourable thing to do morrison, good on you. #BookOut. #NiceApology.