• Scout Player Action Button

raeburn
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

In the scouting preferences menu within the scouting center the action button that sets the default period for scouting a player does not work (or at least I don't understand how it works). In FM21 this preference allowed you to change the length of scouting prompted by the "keep scouting" button in the scouting center. In FM22 changing this preference does not change the length of scouting prompted by the similar "fully scout player" button. This may be an intentional change (if so I disagree with that choice but understand) but if that is the case I cannot find another setting that this action button modifies. The only other option I could think of would be during manual scouting on a player profile under the "reports" drop down menu but that drop down shows both "Scout Player (For 1 Week)" and "Fully Scout Player (Until Full Knowledge)" even if I set the preference in the scouting center to something else (2 weeks, 4 games, etc). 

• Steps To Reproduce:
      1. Go to scouting center
      2. Click the gear button next to the filter drop-down
      3. Change the "scout player" action button to another scouting length option

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We'll get this looked at for you and logged as a bug. 

The scouting system is something we are constantly looking to improve upon, it's very complex, but rest assured we are actively looking at it. :)

I have this exact same problem still , March 2022, has there been any progress on this ? Is it universal or are only a few people experiencing this?

Edit: I did some more experimenting, and the  action button setting *does* effect the "Scout Player" button on profile pages as well as on the scouting center list view and player search. The magnifying glass button on the "card view" only does 'scout fully' no matter what, and perhaps that is as it should be.

Edited by AdmiralEntropy
    More info ;)