• Increase percentage of transfer revenue retained bug

Ben Brown
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

For many years my TRP (Transfer Revenue Percentage) has been stuck at 30%, even though the board has 'raised' it to 62% multiple times. Whenever the option comes up to request to increase my TRP I ask the board and they usually accept it saying that it will be increased, as while sometimes it increases temporarily (maybe for a couple of weeks maximum) then reverts back to 30%, but sometimes it just doesn't increase whatsoever despite the email notification saying that it has been increased. I could understand this a few years ago when we didn't have Champions League revenue and when we hadn't sold the players that we have now, but right now the club balance is nearly 100M, the financial status is rich and I've won the league for the last 3 years (portuguese premier division) so I would expect that I would have earned at least the 62% TRP if not 100%! I don't have a problem if it is just a thing that in Portugal you usually get quite a low TRP but as far as I know this is a glitch and is meaning that I could have double the money I currently get going into my transfer budget for each big money sale. I am managing in Portugal with Belenenses. Thank you for your help!

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Not sure if it's the same every save, but during my whole time at Belenenses I have had a 30% TRP and even though I have tried to increase it it never goes up.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As a bit of an update, now that my finances are better after making some big sales it is stuck on 50% instead of 30%, going up to 92% temporarily before going back down to 50% for no reason

• Administrators

Do you have a save file just prior to the change happening? 

We haven't been able to reproduce it from the previous example, nor from new ones either I'm afraid.

I don't think so. If you cant reproduce it then dont worry, as I said we do have more money now but the trp never seems to work as the game tells me it does and usually goes straight back down when I request that it it increased. It may just be that it does this whenever I ask for it during the season as during the summer transfer window the board usually boost it a bit anyway...

• Administrators

No problem if you don't have one, we'll leave the thread open and mark it as needing new examples in case anybody else comes across something similar. :) 

Hi, I am playing in fm22, managing in Portugal with Vitória Guimarães.

I have the exact same problem. My Transfer Revenue Percentage it´s locked at 10%, and I ask the board to increase and they always accept it. 

They increase it from 10% to 30%, and it goes back to 10% a few weeks later or even doesn´t change at all and stays at 10%.

I have rich finances status, no debt, won the league, overarching in the Champions League, and have a 20 out of 20 manager score.

It is definitively a bug and a major one, since it does let you progress as you should in the game. 

Please, correct this as soon as possible in the next patch.

I can happily provide images or put here my game save data, if it is needed. 

289195044_PRINTfm.thumb.png.662c5c5cc4037d665b4d069ff4613b19.png629523721_PrintFM2.thumb.png.205fec069b70f5f64795cb6cafda7255.png488653499_printfm3.thumb.png.b7fd0a57d3d84af4d18768660cd1ee8f.png

1st image :

So as you can see the board accepted to increase the "Transfer Revenue Percentage" from 10% to 30%. ( 20 May 2023)

2nd image

(28 May 2023) 8 days later without a warning, the "Transfer Revenue Percentage" came back to 10%

3nd image:

As you can see it´s not because of the finances, I have 0 debt and rich financial status

Conclusion: 

This is cleary a bug, please fix this in the next patch as soon as possible because this blocks me from naturily progressing in the game.

Edited by Rosa Largona

This is also happening with my save with Boavista, the revenue retained is constantly stuck at 40% and when i request to increase it to 80% and when the board accepts it either does not change at all or merely goes to 80% for a few days then returns to 40%

Edited by neilo246
    typo

• Administrators

Per Michaels request above, do you have a save file prior to requesting the increase for us to investigate? 

• Administrators

There's not a fix yet, but it's an issue we're aware of and investigating. Can only apologise in the meantime. 

On 06/06/2022 at 10:36, Kyle Brown said:

There's not a fix yet, but it's an issue we're aware of and investigating. Can only apologise in the meantime. 

This is a bit of a joke? You’ve been investigating for months and it’s ruining my save? I’ve spent hundreds of hours on this save and I can’t get above 40% transfer revenue even though my finances are exceptional it’s practically ruined my save and put me off starting another one? I didn’t pay £40 for a broken game? Why is it taking you months to come with a work around?

• Administrators

We've been asking for further examples and yet to receive any more usable saves since the first original post.

It's not something we've been able to reproduce easily from scratch which has been the delay, and the issue isn't widespread, so without the extra save files we're struggling to find a correlation.

Given the time of year it is now, we can't promise any short term solution, but we're doing everything within our power to have it addressed for future versions - it hasn't been forgotten about. 

If you have a save just prior to the revenue being decreased, please upload it via the link below and it'll allow us to move forward:

I also have a save file ready to send where this problem is happening. 

With Belenenses in Portugal, board always accept to increase the percentage but a week later it always reverts to what it was previously.

If you can let me know how to send it to you I will do, cheers

19 minutos atrás, dabest disse:

I also have a save file ready to send where this problem is happening. 

With Belenenses in Portugal, board always accept to increase the percentage but a week later it always reverts to what it was previously.

If you can let me know how to send it to you I will do, cheers

I guess it´s a bug that only happens playing in Portugal.

I was thinking of doing a save again in Portugal in FM23, but with this bug it´s better to change my plans.

• Administrators

The cloud is the only place we can securely receive files, but there isn't any file limit size so you shouldn't be getting that error message - would you be able to take a screenshot of it?

Alternatively, you could try a third party uploading site, but I can't vouch for the security of any as they're external. 

3 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

The cloud is the only place we can securely receive files, but there isn't any file limit size so you shouldn't be getting that error message - would you be able to take a screenshot of it?

Alternatively, you could try a third party uploading site, but I can't vouch for the security of any as they're external. 

Would you prefer for me to wait until I can next ask for a higher transfer percentage? 

@Kyle Brown @Michael Sant

Uploaded the file ( name of the file : "Vit.Guimarães.fm" ) in your cloud  like you can see in the printscreen, but now I do what ? Can you already see the save just from me uploading it ?

Btw, the save file I send you is BEFORE I ask the board to raise the Transfer Revenue Percentage. So, the Transfer Revenue Percentage is at 10% and you only need to ask the board to raise it and I like I said in previous comments they will increase it to 30%, and then suddenly days later it will come back to 10%. 

Interestingly today,I was watching Zealand´s youtube video and he has the exact same bug as me. In his case the  Transfer Revenue Percentage is capped at 60%. 

If you dont want to click the link, the title of the video is : " Winter Window has Come "  Zealand Live   Time ---> 16:30

Here´s the link :   ( Happens in this time  ---->   16:30 )

image.png

Is there likely to be any progress in fixing this before FM23 comes out ? I have this occurring in Polish League

Edited by RoguPL