• All English Leagues Kick Off Times Staggered by 15 minutes

Wolves_Champion
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Just got to the 2027/28 season in England, and noticed that for this season's league and cup fixtures kick off times are all staggered by 15 minutes. I initially thought this was a TV thing but I looked through each league and all of the matchweek kick offs are staggered by 15 minutes, ranging from 15:00 through to 17:45 (worse in the case of the EFL Cup). This is also the case for Premier League matches. This is the first season of the save that this has been an issue.

FM screenshot.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We'd like to investigate this please, it's not something we've seen before.

Could you provide a save game as a reference point, please? If you have one before the season turnover date - normally in June - that would be even better. :)

Hi, I'm here through a google search after the same happened in my game. I've just started the 24/25 season, Tuesday night games start as early as 4pm. 

I've uploaded my save to the cloud, unfortunately I have rolling saves a week at a time so don't have the June save. 

File is - Odd kick off times.fm

Same has happened to me. Using Xbox version - network game over Xbox/PC. I think it started in season 2025/26 part way through the season. I cant remember if it happened after installing a forced game update. I have no previous saves to go back to before the issue. It's a network game with a friend so its annoying and time consuming as we now often don't play our games at the same time so we have to wait for the other players game to finish before we can play our match. 

I've tried skipping forward a few seasons to see if it corrects but it doesn't. Also started new game as a test which seems to have the correct kick off times again. Will ruin game save if it cant be corrected as seasons takes much longer. I'm not sure if I can send you game save as its in the cloud only. 

Had the same problem in our online game. Can't play until early fixtures match later kick off times. It makes it like hotseat play and takes forever. It's unplayable to be honest. Please fix this. 

Just now, copmeister said:

Had the same problem in our online game. Can't play until early fixtures match later kick off times. It makes it like hotseat play and takes forever. It's unplayable to be honest. Please fix this. 

20211212_195310.jpg

• Administrators

We believe this is limited to network games or saves with multiple users - would I be right in saying all of you are playing online?

Please try again after tonight's update. :) 

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

We believe this is limited to network games or saves with multiple users - would I be right in saying all of you are playing online?

Hi Kyle, neither is applicable to me. However I started my game on Create-A-Club mode. Will this be fixed in the update too? Thanks.

8 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Edit...

The update didn't fix/change this seasons games but I holidayed until the end of the season to test and it seems that next seasons fixtures are back to normal kick off times. It will take me a week to play through rest of this season with friend before I can know for sure but hopefully update has worked so many many thanks 👍 🤞 🤞

Edited by BakerShaker

Is there literally no way to fix the current season? We're 2 games in and there's 4 of us. This is a bit of a game changer as far as I'm concerned as the season will take an absolute age to get through.

Edited by BuDbuD

• Administrators

It's an issue we were made aware of which has now been fixed in the most recent update - however once fixtures are scheduled they cannot be changed. So if you have a save game before these fixtures were generated we'd suggest using that and they should now be generated correctly. Likewise for any future fixtures arranged (say for Cup rounds or a new league season) these will be generated correctly.

If you don't have a save you're aware of, may be worth checking your auto-backup save to see if that's far enough back. It'll be called last save overwrite backup.fm.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

On 15/12/2021 at 11:20, Neil Brock said:

It's an issue we were made aware of which has now been fixed in the most recent update - however once fixtures are scheduled they cannot be changed. So if you have a save game before these fixtures were generated we'd suggest using that and they should now be generated correctly. Likewise for any future fixtures arranged (say for Cup rounds or a new league season) these will be generated correctly.

If you don't have a save you're aware of, may be worth checking your auto-backup save to see if that's far enough back. It'll be called last save overwrite backup.fm.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Does this mean that it'll be like this for the current season I'm in, but by next season it'll have fixed itself?

• Administrators

Yes, that's correct. :)

If you're in say the CL group stages, it won't be an issue for the knockouts. Only currently listed fixtures are affected.