• Game hangs awaiting media reaction

wah1
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Title hopefully is fairly self-explanatory.

Match finished. Did the post-match team talk. Moved game on and game has been stuck on this screen for over 10 mins now. 

Any ideas/thoughts?

Cheers.

image.thumb.png.93e32425b2d81924f02f9ec17c0bcf5f.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Is this the first time you've seen this? Did it ever finally advance? If you use some keyboard shortcuts (say Spacebar to continue) does it come back and allow you to continue? Or Alt+F4 (to bring up the quit/save game dialog)? 

When you did the post match team talk, how did you advance exactly? Was it by clicking the [Continue] button or some other way? What screen did it go to immediately after the match? 

Please try and provide as many details as possible. Thanks. 

Thanks Neil.

yeah, I just pressed Continue after the match talk. 

Issue has cleared. I realised that, despite the UI being dulled out by the "Awaiting Media Reaction" message, I could move around the game behind it in the normal way. So I was able to advance the game as normal and the media message cleared after that.

It's not happened again since, so fingers crossed it was a one-off!

Hi Neil,

A little additional information for this issue. When my match against Arsenal, finishing 4-3 to them, ended after 90mins, I proceeded to the team talk stage as normal. Although, this "Awaiting Media Reaction" appeared and never went away. I was unable to do anything. I left it hanging for a few minutes before trying to hit spacebar, when that didn't work I tried alt + f4 which also didn't progress the state. I had to go into my task manager and close the game. No dumps were gathered and I didn't have OBS running, apologies for lack of evidence.

Will look out for this issue again and hopefully I can catch something for you.

Edited by Griffiola

• Administrators
    20 hours ago, Griffiola said:

Hi Neil,

A little additional information for this issue. When my match against Arsenal, finishing 4-3 to them, ended after 90mins, I proceeded to the team talk stage as normal. Although, this "Awaiting Media Reaction" appeared and never went away. I was unable to do anything. I left it hanging for a few minutes before trying to hit spacebar, when that didn't work I tried alt + f4 which also didn't progress the state. I had to go into my task manager and close the game. No dumps were gathered and I didn't have OBS running, apologies for lack of evidence.

Will look out for this issue again and hopefully I can catch something for you.

Sorry to hear that - we'd suggest hitting the space bar a few times (appreciate this isn't scientific), but it is something we're looking at as a priority issue.

Apologies you had to close down. 

No problem at all, Neil. It's a beta after all.

I am curious though, if this hang is caused by the game saving after a match. I would love to know the cause of the issue after you folks have narrowed it down. That's if SI are comfortable releasing that sort of information.

No pressure :) 

Cheers

• Administrators

Did you go back and re-watch any highlight in the match or at the end? From our understanding, when selecting a notable event at the end of the match it was getting stuck in that notable event and playing the rest of the match up to full time. Then when you tried to advance it still go caught in the highlights mode, hence why you encountered this message appearing on screen.  

There's a good chance I did that during the match. Not sure about at the end though, however, I'll keep that in mind if I encounter it again. (I haven't since the first time.)

Cheers