• Stadium Expansion

Turls22
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Long time player of the game- never had an issue before.

I have had a stadium expansion accepted and paid for by the board. The time has now passed on 'club vision' as to when the expansion should have been complete. The pink bar is 100% full on club visio. but the stadium hasn't been finished as is only classed as 'planning' rather than completed. 

Screenshot 2021-12-04 at 13.59.25.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've had this issue too and have posted on the general forum. I'll share my post here:

Hi there,

I'm a bit concerned that my long term save with Kidderminster Harriers might be bugged with regards to stadium expansion. I've made it to the Championship in straight seasons and late in my League One promotion season I requested that the stadium be expanded, a 2,500 expansion was agreed by the board and around £1.2m left my account. I'm now in late September of my Championship season and went to the faculties tab to check when my stadium expansion would be completed and there is nothing there... No reference to the expansion at all except for the huge spike in my expenditure from when I paid for the expansion. The "Expand stadium" board request is also not available anymore.

Am I missing something? I'm not exactly a newbie to FM and I can't remember this type of issue before. My main concern is that his save was started in beta and I like many other users start a new save when the full game hits, however I was enjoying this save so much I decided to continue on, was this a known issue in the beta? It also looks like none of the other clubs in the football league have expanded their stadium either and the only changes are predetermined stadium moves such as Everton and Luton.

I'll be gutted if this is an issue as it's a potential save ruiner. :( But it looks like it is an issue.

Thanks for any help on this and I understand this is quite niche concern so it might not be well known even if it is an issue.

EDIT: It is in the planning phase on the Club Vision page, but I've holidayed the the date and nothing has happened, and it's changed from "In progress" to "Completed". No news item either.

@Michael SantI responded to a topic with a similar issue on Steam and thought I'd tag you here seeing as you've had eyes on it, I hope you don't mind. If this is an issue I can see this coming out more and more as people get further into their saves. Please let me know if you need anymore info Thanks.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1569040/discussions/0/3199241242399994189/

• Administrators

Do any of you have a save prior to the request being made in the first instance? Would be very useful to our QA team who are investigating. :)

I have uploaded my save file from immediately before this happened in my save: Christopher Allpress - Norwich (v02).fm

Any updates about this or a timeframe as to when this might be fixed would be lovely, as if it's going to be fixed I will let this save sit for a while.

On 08/12/2021 at 16:10, Kyle Brown said:

Do any of you have a save prior to the request being made in the first instance? Would be very useful to our QA team who are investigating. :)

I see that callpress has already uploaded a save, but I will upload mine this morning too.

After completing 4-5 seasons on 2 different saves I'm convinced that stadium expansion does not work at all, because out side of the predefined expansions like Liverpool and Portsmouth, there have been no stadium expansions across the whole of England in both 5 year saves

Edited by Robioto

• SI Staff
    On 19/12/2021 at 18:00, callpress said:

I have uploaded my save file from immediately before this happened in my save: Christopher Allpress - Norwich (v02).fm

Any updates about this or a timeframe as to when this might be fixed would be lovely, as if it's going to be fixed I will let this save sit for a while.

Thanks for the save game, your example is of a new stadium being blocked close to it's completion date and this has been passed on for the dev team to investigate. 

@Robiotoif you have your save game from before you encounter the issue with the stadium expansion could you please let us know the name of the save game that has been uploaded to the cloud service. 

I have the same issue with a stadium expansion. Requested it first mid-season and it was in the planning phase until July; in July it was blocked by the city council. Requested it for the second time in the next season, again it was blocked by the city council in July. Requested it for the third time immediately after (using the "Request stadium expansion" button in the council rejection email), the board accepted and the planning stage was meant to last until the end of August. It's long past and nothing has changed, the progress bar shows as completed but the stage is still "planning".

I don't have a previous save, unfortunately. Should I upload mine as well?

• Administrators

Only needing saves prior to the expansion in the meantime, but thank you for the offer.

We're actively investigating and will hopefully reproduce it in house regardless.