• Player with 34 caps switching nationality

haaaaaa
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have a 20-year old winger who just got called up to play for Serbia after 34 caps for Montenegro. This included at least 8 qualifier games (just counting the ones in the 31/32 season I'm playing through). I'm not an expert on the newest FIFA rules work but I'm 99% sure that's not allowed. If I'm just wrong about this and the switch is legal IRL, disregard this.

Looking through other players I have on this team, there is a 19-year old Albanian-German CB with 11 Albania caps (7 qualifiers+1 playoff game in 31/32) who is still shown as eligible for Germany on his info page. However, I have a Congolese-French striker who is 23 who is shown as declared for Congo in his info page.

I think what's happening here is that the game is checking to see if players are under 21 to see if they can switch nationalities, when it should check if they have less than 3 competitive caps before they turned 21, along with the other FIFA rules.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 24/02/2022 at 11:15, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for providing your save game. Can I ask is this before the switch or after the switch has taken place @haaaaaa

The uploaded save is just after the switch. The player is Aleksandar Ćirić, 20-year old AM(RL). He was put in Serbia's preliminary squad for the Euros on May 12th, last item in my inbox.

I have a May 2nd save too, before the switch, which I could upload if needed.

• SI Staff

It would be beneficial to upload that as well, just to give the QA team both sides rather than us potentially needing to come back later and asking for that side. 

• Administrators
    On 27/02/2022 at 06:31, haaaaaa said:

It's up as "pre bugged vizela.fm"

Many thanks for that additional save, very much appreciated. 

9 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Many thanks for that additional save, very much appreciated. 

No problem. Any chance of an update which fixes this for this edition? I've played on until the start of the next season but the nationality switch was very immersion-breaking for this save.

FYI, after the Euros Ćirić shows as declared for Serbia, i.e. no longer eligible for both countries.

• SI Staff

We do realise matters like this can be disruptive for some players and so it is of course something we are looking to put right. Until an update is released we can't confirm what fixes have been made as it can change quite late in the process or ultimately just might not be possible in time. 

(I think this is the same issue. If it's protocol / manners to start new issue reports rather than adding to other people's let me know). 

It certainly looks like the same issue. Maybe extra savefile will help.

I have a player who came through my youth ranks. Born in Peru. Has played a number of internationals including competitive, but still have the option to ask him to represent Scotland, (except for the fact that he's currently in the Peru squad).

It's possible this is because he 'emerged' in Scotland. He has never been committed to Scotland.

Savefile loaded: 

• Hibernian NationalEligibility.fm

20220401095505_1.jpg