• Player attributes disappear after trial

WeePaul
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

With attribute masking on, after taking players on trial to have a look at them their attributes are hidden as soon as their trial ends. I can't recall this ever happening before so potentially a bug or an incredibly annoying gameplay change.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I seem to have the same issue, while managing a Northern Irish third (?) league side.
    First I thought it was due to the level of my scouts and coaches, but if it is a bug, then I better leave the game on the shelf for a while...

Would love to know when it has been fixed then..

• Administrators

I'm afraid we aren't at liberty to discuss potential timeframes as it puts unneeded pressure on the Dev team. I assure you though, we're working hard to get it ready asap. 

On 14/12/2021 at 07:03, Kyle Brown said:

This was resolved as part of the 22.2 update, thank you for your patience. 
    Please let us know if it appears again. 

Kyle, I am still having this issue with a twist.  While attributes now remain visible after terminating a trial in the 22.2 patch, the CA/PA star ratings still disappear (list as "unknown" on Player Search screen).  Should I create a new post/ticket?

Edited by tyler.kosnik

Tyler, just to let you know this issue is far from resolved. It is still completely broken and we are waiting desperately for a real fix. The way it is broken had to be known by the devs when the fix was launched...

• SI Staff

Hey @tyler.kosnik if you can create a separate thread and upload your save file where you have some examples of this we'll take a look into this aspect as well. While it is in a similar vein, its a different part of the UI and is going to need fixing on its own basis considering it doesn't work after the attributes now do. Feel free to tag me in it when you do and I can double check everything is fine for the QA team.

10 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

Hey @tyler.kosnik if you can create a separate thread and upload your save file where you have some examples of this we'll take a look into this aspect as well. While it is in a similar vein, its a different part of the UI and is going to need fixing on its own basis considering it doesn't work after the attributes now do. Feel free to tag me in it when you do and I can double check everything is fine for the QA team.

With all respect Michael, but no save file is needed here. Everybody has the same problem, in every game.

After trialing, the CA and PA are always unknown (if they were unknown before the trial). QA should be well aware also, it has been flagged many times since the update even on this forum.

Just hoping to save people some time.

Edited by Arjan S
    Clarification further

• SI Staff

I understand you feel that way, but even the time taken to start up a fresh game, approach a player on trial, process and release a player on trial is still going to take time. There is also the chance that on the internal builds which feature the most up to date code an issue won't reproduce the same way. So asking for a save game allows the QA team to save time but if you create a separate thread it will still be investigated - there is just the chance that the QA team will come back and ask for a save file. 

2 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

I understand you feel that way, but even the time taken to start up a fresh game, approach a player on trial, process and release a player on trial is still going to take time.

10 minutes with a good PC. I check it regularly ;) but hey, if the experts think it would help then Tyler or even myself can supply plenty.

I still think they know the context of the issue, so let's hope a fix is well underway :)

Us niche lower league players feel the game is quite unplayable now in the way we want to play it (most).

• SI Staff

I'll put my hands up and admit I had misunderstood the exact context. Given it was posted as a continuation in here I didn't realise what Tyler posted was from the main thread stickied in the transfers section. It is something that will continue to be under review. Some general information though the main reason why we do always suggest new threads is because different parts of the QA team deal with different parts of the forums and so this thread for example is no longer subject to further review by QA (it is those like myself who look into it). New threads will get reviewed by QA and they can determine if its their section or not and steer it accordingly so it in turn goes to the right devs behind the scenes.

Thank you for the further clarification, Michael. It is helpful and I understand your point.
    And again, no disrespect for you or the QA team; I imagine this is a tough nut to crack, or else it would have been done already.