• Excessive VAR: Nearly 100% of Goals

phd_angel
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Nearly 8 in 10 goals being scored in my matches are going through VAR. Nearly all goals are validated.

Can you please reduce VAR incidence (only use it to really close calls)? Thanks.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

While you may be going through a spell that has more VAR than not, I can assure you across the board the figures are nothing like that, and we're happy with usage of VAR at the moment. Sorry, but unless there were to be widespread annoyance at this, it isn't really something we can investigate. 

No. It's not FM22 episodic. It's been like this for a couple of years.

Can you add a choice feature to deactivate VAR animation?  It makes no sense to be seeing VAR every goal.

• Administrators

I'm not trying to dismiss the frustration, but there would be a much larger outcry from a larger chunk of the community.

All I can offer is reassurance that we constantly monitor things like this, and if there were trends in our data to show that it was happening excessively, we would look to rectify that.

As for the feature, I can put it under advisement and see what the team say - thank you. 

I totally agree that the VAR is totally out of line with the real use we see, yes every goal is checked as we know but most checks aren't noticeable to the viewer with no VAR graphics on our screen. Most goals the game just continues with the kick off, sometimes the commentator may say "Check Complete" but often not even that. Sometimes we see a close up of the Ref while he or she gets the message via the headset. Only the real borderline goals does the TV coverage actually get interrupted with the VAR check being seen by viewers.

Also why aren't red cards checked?