• 'Player Statistics' and 'Analytical Data' show contradictory stats (LOTS OF DETAIL TO HELP DEBUG IN THIS THREAD)

Platinum
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

The 'Player Statistics' and 'Analytical Data' screens show contradictory stats for every match and it looks like the 'Player Statistics' is showing the correct stats. In the first 2 images which are from the 'Analytical Data' screen Houston Dynamos Chances Created is 2, but then in the third image when I go to the Player Statistics page it is a total of 5, a similar issue can be seen for Key Passes (and also for lots of other stats too).

image.thumb.png.aa5ed885f0b5afb379cab8d9a58eef0b.png

image.thumb.png.ee77053a1bcd4e96ae9d97f8411be053.png

image.thumb.png.26cfcc00bed6992ae29827ac2a4b82b2.png

This issue also continues into other parts of the game. For example if you click on a player, his "Reports->Form" and "Reports->Analysis" pages show different numbers for the same stats. For example in the images below it shows the Clear Cut Chances Created show different numbers for the Portland Timbers game for the player Mateo Bajamich (I've also uploaded a save game so that you can find this):

image.thumb.png.695c4c60d9ed17f56de3960cc41ab496.png

image.thumb.png.433ae890677d12794437086cb3efba93.png

So it looks like for some reason the source of the data for the analysis screens and the stats screens are different or there is some process the data for the analysis screen goes through which alters the data. Or possibly the definitions for what a Key pass is/what a CCC is/what a Key Tackle is, is different for the analysis and stats screens. I've tried to provide lots of info to help debug this but let me know if there's anything else I can do to help solve this.

Unfortunately these incorrect stats then feed into the Data Hub which means we are making decisions based on inaccurate data.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

After looking at this further I can see that the definition of Clear Cut Chances is different for the two screens. For the 'Analytical Data' a clear cut chance is only a clear cut chance if the chance wasn't from a set piece or penalty, didn't lead to a player being offside and also if the player who receives the clear cut chance has a shot as their first touch, on the other hand the 'Player Statistics' screen counts offsides, set pieces, the fouled player leading to a penalty and chances when the player who receives the clear cut chance takes multiple touches before shooting.

Would you like me to provide examples of this or is this already known? @Abdullah Patel

• Administrators

Platinum, I'm extremely sorry nobody replied to your previous request - it was just as the festive period started and we were working with fewer staff, it seems it then got pushed further and further down the list while the team were away. 

The thread itself is linked to the investigation, so any further info added will always be acknowledged, even if nothing is said publicly. 

It's a trickier than normal issue to try and solve - we did have one potential fix but I can see it never passed the tests after it was implemented so another is currently being worked on. I can't give a timeframe for it, but I assure you we still have it under review. 

Thanks for getting back to me. After looking at this I am fairly certain that the difference in Key Passes and Chances Cut Chances is to do with how they are defined, im not sure if this is useful for solving the problem but I thought I'd reiterate it. 

The 'Analytical Data' screen only shows 'valid' key passes and CCC's (e.g. not from a set piece, didnt lead to an offside) whereas the 'Player Statistics' screen allows any type of key pass and CCC (could have been offside, can be a set piece).

There is also one oddity: The 'Analytical Data' screen only counts a CCC if it led to a shot that was taken first time (e.g. the shooters first touch of the ball is the shot), whereas the 'Player Statistics' screen doesn't have this rule.

Similar things can sometimes happen with shots too.

@Kyle Brown

Also its probably a long shot  but I'm a professional developer (I can code in C++ which I know you use) and also have lots of software testing experience. If there is any testing or debugging I can help with that goes beyond the bug reporting here I am more than happy to help.

• Administrators

Appreciate the offer but it's not something we'd be able to accommodate unless you were to work here I'm afraid!

That said: https://www.sigames.com/careers

Always on the look out for people with that sort of background, so if it's something you'd ever consider then please feel free to drop an application. :D

Hi Platinum, I have checked what you wrote.
    Of course it is correct, but you have to calculate how FM's statistical engine "thinks".

Decisive passes (red) are identical in both statistics, so it is correct.
    As for clear-cut chances created (green), it is as you say, but in the context of FM statistics they are of no use.

It is always the key passes that count, i.e. the pass that creates a potential dangerous chance.

All the data you think is missing can be found in the "Key Passes" statistics.

So the important thing is that the Key Passages match.

Immagineada.jpg

On 27/01/2022 at 16:59, Sparacello said:

Hi Platinum, I have checked what you wrote.
    Of course it is correct, but you have to calculate how FM's statistical engine "thinks".

Decisive passes (red) are identical in both statistics, so it is correct.
    As for clear-cut chances created (green), it is as you say, but in the context of FM statistics they are of no use.

It is always the key passes that count, i.e. the pass that creates a potential dangerous chance.

All the data you think is missing can be found in the "Key Passes" statistics.

So the important thing is that the Key Passages match.

Immagineada.jpg

Thanks for the response, I do disagree though.

Key pass also has issues with it not being accurate.

Also I disagree that key passes is the important one. Key passes only tell you that the pass eventually led to a shot. CCC let's us know how creative a player is as it shows how much goal scoring chances a player made.

So just to be clear a Key Pass doesnt tell us how many dangerous chances a player made, instead CCC tells us that.

Edited by Platinum

Hi Platinum, there is no doubt that the statistics need to be fixed.

But creativity can always be seen in the key passes, which always lead to a dangerous action.