• Lack of central play, not just OP crossing.

DB Wit
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

(If you've had similar issues, make a new thread like me and upload saved matches were the lack of central play is evident so that SI can study and fix the issue)

Much like other posts here I've found issues with the almost exclusive focus in wing play found in the beta. At the behest of a member of SI Staff I've created a new topic to give them a bigger sample size. As for detailing the issue I'll quote previous posts that I made on the Beta feedback forum if that's alright.

"The centre of the pitch is completely dead, I've played through half a season and i might have seen 4-6 highlights (on extended) where there's some type of passing play through the middle. IW seem to act more like wingers than players who are supposed to cut inside, instead they just corner themselves and cross. The game got real boring real quick cause of this... This goes beyond crossing being OP, it's pretty much all the wide players do, "pass it wide, run to byline, cross, repeat"

"I've tried different tactics, all with the same result, the only times a goal isn't scored from crosses it's either from a weird long pass or in the sequence of a play that started on a long throw or set piece, nothing from building in open play."

Below there's an example of the type of assists. Notice how the crosses far surpass any other, it's no coincidence. And even worst are the 8 through balls, as user SebastianRO pointed out, these numbers are most likely inflated by crosses mistakenly identified as through balls.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.PNG.6010efb38466da39355f631f6c7b75eb.PNG

Much like other users, I'll also point out the entries into the final third and the ridiculously big dichotomy between the wings and the centre. See example below.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.thumb.PNG.3f3a96ba6b291e7935254fc3cf77e122.PNG

I'll leave the link to 2 other posts who've broken down the issues much more analytically and by conducting experiments comparing results with FM21:

And

In the post I'll also include PKMs from matches per request of the SI Staff. These were all taken in January, and had low final third entries through the center.MRT v SLB - pmk.pkmSLB v Famalicão - pkm.pkmSLB v P. Ferreira - pmk.pkmSLB v Moreirense - pkm.pkm

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Play matches.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

This is a known issue regarding central play, and one we're investigating internally. 

Thanks for taking the time to flag it, we'll update you when we have something more. 

Since it was asked by a Mod on the beta feedback forum, here are the formations I have used.

The main tactic:

1111111111111111.PNG.9d9b468b5ea7d6b8cc3b51f0100da0d8.PNG

And the secondary one:222222222222222222.PNG.82a6a7ff6dce0bb3bb79dd77f0af2cd6.PNG

That being said, I will point out, that the final third entries through the center was the same/eerily similar to people who've played narrower formations making it clear that this is an issue/bug and not just people using wrong tactics. To those who may want to  point out the issues that exist with IW, I switched them regularly with IF to see if it would change anything and it didn't.

Is it Possible, weaker opponents tend to sit back and defend narrowly. thats why our teams can't make central play? 

Previous fm, wide full backs crossing was op anyway.  'work ball into box' hardly work for me, maybe i don't have the right tactics and players