• Saved game appears to be lost

Haptain
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I've just completed a season and was two games into my 2nd season (played the community shield and first epl game) I closed the game and when I returned, the option to resume the game was not there. When I select 'Load Game', there is nothing there to select.

Screenshot_20231109_181840_FM24 Mobile.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, 

I've been in touch with Netflix and reported the issue via a ticket in the game over the last couple of weeks and after some back and forth have been directed here so hoping you can help.

Device samsung s22 

App version 15.1.0-d+1931215 (HD)

I was approx 8.5 seasons into my save. Had no issues from when I started which was on the day, or within a few days, of FM24 mobile being available on Netflix games.

My settings were set for the game to save weekly, in game, automatically.

I played a bit in the morning and closed the application on Sunday 2nd December, and then carried out an update. After the update the usual resume game option was missing and there were no games available in the load screen.

As I mentioned I have been in touch via the games ticket system and with Netflix, a couple of times each in the last fortnight so have tried a couple of things as follows.

1. Start new game, export to device. Use file finder to locate football manager 24 file, explore folder and files to see if you can locate original save. This yielded nothing but my exported save.

2. Log in as other Netflix users and see if the save is on their profile. It wasn't on any other users.

3. Combine 1 and 2. Again nothing but export files.

Please help, Wrexham were 12 points clear in the Premier league just after the new year and leading the way in the champions league having won the europa league in the previous season. Got a string of wonderkids after it took 2 seasons to get out of league 2 and 2 again for league 1, the championship was a breeze and qualified for the Europa league on out Premier League debut and won it the following year, and qualified for the champs league that way having just missed out on top 4 so we've been through a lot. 

Adam

10 hours ago, 4d said:

Hi, 

I've been in touch with Netflix and reported the issue via a ticket in the game over the last couple of weeks and after some back and forth have been directed here so hoping you can help.

Device samsung s22 

App version 15.1.0-d+1931215 (HD)

I was approx 8.5 seasons into my save. Had no issues from when I started which was on the day, or within a few days, of FM24 mobile being available on Netflix games.

My settings were set for the game to save weekly, in game, automatically.

I played a bit in the morning and closed the application on Sunday 2nd December, and then carried out an update. After the update the usual resume game option was missing and there were no games available in the load screen.

As I mentioned I have been in touch via the games ticket system and with Netflix, a couple of times each in the last fortnight so have tried a couple of things as follows.

1. Start new game, export to device. Use file finder to locate football manager 24 file, explore folder and files to see if you can locate original save. This yielded nothing but my exported save.

2. Log in as other Netflix users and see if the save is on their profile. It wasn't on any other users.

3. Combine 1 and 2. Again nothing but export files.

Please help, Wrexham were 12 points clear in the Premier league just after the new year and leading the way in the champions league having won the europa league in the previous season. Got a string of wonderkids after it took 2 seasons to get out of league 2 and 2 again for league 1, the championship was a breeze and qualified for the Europa league on out Premier League debut and won it the following year, and qualified for the champs league that way having just missed out on top 4 so we've been through a lot. 

Adam

Sounds like one hell of a save you've got going with Wrexham!

We are continuing to work and try and find a permanent solution to this.

13 hours ago, 4d said:

Is there hope for recovering it or is it more likely its gone?

We are still trying to find a reliable reproduction of the issue on Android. Until we can do that, it's difficult to say.

Luckily with Apple, it just appeared to move some of the save files so there is a chance it may be there.

On 17/11/2023 at 11:44, Dan Sheppard said:

While not a perm fix, we have found that some save files may have moved and you might have some success moving these back if they have. This will require you to connect your device to iTunes via a computer:

- Load up iTunes with the iOS device connected and click on the device icon in the toolbar.
    - From here click on File Sharing and then on the FM24 Mobile icon.
    - This will open up FM24 Mobile Documents in the right-hand window.
    -The saves folder can be identified as it has a name that is a 25-character-long alphanumeric string - If you have more than one user profile on Netflix you may see multiple folders so you may need to check each one to find the correct profile. (e.g. PFULBYHXJREHTDLIZWFRV7VQ6U).
    - Click on the folder with the 25-character-long string as a name and then click on [Save] and then select Desktop and click on [Select Folder].
    - This will download the entire folder to the user’s Desktop and the user can then use the device to help identify which save game they need to access in the folder.
    - Once complete, open the folder 'Games' and look for the save file in this main folder. Rename it to fmm_save_1 and then move it into a career folder such as career_1.
    - Go back to iTunes, select 'Add File' and choose the folder you downloaded to replace the original folder.
    - Load FM24 and you should be able to see your save

Note: This isn't guaranteed to work and it won't work if your saves haven't moved outside of the career folders.

I got the save back but when I click on it the game closes. 

On 15/12/2023 at 22:28, fredd said:

I got the save back but when I click on it the game closes. 

Are you able to upload this save for us to view and provide us with the name of the file?

On 18/12/2023 at 10:47, Dan Sheppard said:

Are you able to upload this save for us to view and provide us with the name of the file?

Yes, I have uploaded it. The name of the file is fmm_save_1

Hello , played all night in my first season with Brighton , i transfered young players lost hours to find them to fit in my squad , beat city , chelsea , man utd almost won the premier league , and i wake up booooom all gone , menager Abeja is so disappointed, help to recover my new raising team … bought guirese from stuttgart tho 🤣.. helppppp , ios problem.

Edited by Abeja

Hello all, just to say I have had this issue today on Samsung S22 ultra - so annoying. 4th season, half way through. 

Is there any point starting another or will I just lose that too?

Pasting from another thread to ensure we capture as much information from as many players as possible:

As we continue to work on this issue, could I ask that those experiencing this are providing the following feedback to us to aid our investigation:

• Do you rely on automatic saves (ie. when you exit or background the app) or have manually saved
    • Can you share some details about the devices you are using (ie. is it updated to the latest version)

To date, we've had relatively little detail regarding the circumstances at the time of the save loss which is vital in us being able to ascertain the cause and fix it.

Had my save file completely disappear last night - almost at the end of my third season in the game with Everton. To give some more context I felt the battery on my phone was about to run low, so I manually saved the game and then exited (by swiping the window away rather than clicking the exit game icon). When I opened the game back up later there was no sign of the save there anymore, though the achievements I had from that save were still in my achievements list.

I tried the method of creating a new game, exporting it and the rest of what was suggested to no avail - I couldn't find anything in any of the other folders or anywhere else I looked.

When I had been playing the game I allowed it to auto save, but when I was finished playing I would always save manually before swiping away. On occasion I would also save manually but then decide to keep playing and then manually save again later.

Something that happened to me a couple of times that I don't know if it is related: if I was playing to the point of low battery and I click a pop-up my phone has that asks if I want to turn on the battery saver, the game automatically reset back to the Netflix N and then through to the main menu. Then if I'm back in the game with the battery saver turned on and I then plug the phone charger in the game resets again. Though the few times this happened to me the save file was always still there (just back at whenever the last save was).

I only just downloaded the game within the last week or so, so I would guess that it is an up-to-date version - I can't even find a way to check this though. My phone itself isn't all that new but is apparently using the latest software and had not updated any time even close to when my save file disappeared.

Other than that I didn't do anything to change my Netflix account or anything else like that.

It would be a real shame if the save was lost forever as I had such an exciting team and I was doing really well (CL final and FA Cup final upcoming) but as others have said the real kick in the mouth is that I'm now reluctant to even start another save when there is every chance the same thing will happen again. I suppose I might try some of the scenarios or whatever while this is sorted out maybe.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb HyacinthusTurnipseed:

Had my save file completely disappear last night - almost at the end of my third season in the game with Everton. To give some more context I felt the battery on my phone was about to run low, so I manually saved the game and then exited (by swiping the window away rather than clicking the exit game icon). When I opened the game back up later there was no sign of the save there anymore, though the achievements I had from that save were still in my achievements list.

I tried the method of creating a new game, exporting it and the rest of what was suggested to no avail - I couldn't find anything in any of the other folders or anywhere else I looked.

When I had been playing the game I allowed it to auto save, but when I was finished playing I would always save manually before swiping away. On occasion I would also save manually but then decide to keep playing and then manually save again later.

Something that happened to me a couple of times that I don't know if it is related: if I was playing to the point of low battery and I click a pop-up my phone has that asks if I want to turn on the battery saver, the game automatically reset back to the Netflix N and then through to the main menu. Then if I'm back in the game with the battery saver turned on and I then plug the phone charger in the game resets again. Though the few times this happened to me the save file was always still there (just back at whenever the last save was).

I only just downloaded the game within the last week or so, so I would guess that it is an up-to-date version - I can't even find a way to check this though. My phone itself isn't all that new but is apparently using the latest software and had not updated any time even close to when my save file disappeared.

Other than that I didn't do anything to change my Netflix account or anything else like that.

It would be a real shame if the save was lost forever as I had such an exciting team and I was doing really well (CL final and FA Cup final upcoming) but as others have said the real kick in the mouth is that I'm now reluctant to even start another save when there is every chance the same thing will happen again. I suppose I might try some of the scenarios or whatever while this is sorted out maybe.

Same problem. Can't understand why this happen and there is no solution for Android. 

Hi,

same issue here on iPhone. Unfortunately.

i am able to find the save on my Macbook folder, dragging the folder for saves to my desktop and then rename it but it doesn’t let me drag it back to the original location it seems. When opening the game again, there are still no saves :(

8 minutes ago, Koen3000 said:

Hi,

same issue here on iPhone. Unfortunately.

i am able to find the save on my Macbook folder, dragging the folder for saves to my desktop and then rename it but it doesn’t let me drag it back to the original location it seems. When opening the game again, there are still no saves :(

Not 100% with MAC myself, but from within iTunes it's like this.

You should be able to just drag this into the same screen that shows this along with all the other FMM files. It should then prompt you with a message along the lines of, replace, copy, or duplicate this. Use the replace one. You can then attempt to save the 25-character folder to your desktop again just to make sure it's got the correct files in. It's also important the files are named exactly fmm_save_1.fms

UPDATE

We have made significant progress and have been able to replicate some of these issues reported, all thanks to you, the community, for the information you have all been providing through various posts and tickets. We are in the process of creating a fix for the issues found and will look to push this out towards the end of next week*.

To give some additional insight, the cause appears to have been due to a save game failing to write for some reason (most likely due to the OS killing the application due to a device running low on memory or a battery failure), and one of the backup save game slots not being visible within the UI correctly.

In the meantime (before our fix is released) if you can view the save game area on your device you might be able to manually fix this by renaming the backup save game from temp_save.fms or fmm_auto_save_hidden.fms to something like fmm_save_1.fms. We also recommend completing a manual save before minimizing or closing the application if possible.

I hope this is welcome news and we look forward to sharing the update soon!

*subject to final checks

• SI Staff
    On 14/01/2024 at 16:37, Dan Sheppard said:

i am able to find the save on my Macbook folder, dragging the folder for saves to my desktop and then rename it but it doesn’t let me drag it back to the original location it seems. When opening the game again, there are still no saves :(

Please don't rename the folder - within that folder you should find the saves. You can always send me a save to do it for you if you want? (marc.vaughan@sigames.com)

Looking back through the comments this has been a problem for months with no fix, is there any point me starting again? Worked fine last night, looked again this morning and my saved data is gone. Have connected to iTunes and none of the files will open. What a total waste of 36 hours gameplay. Thanks a lot. Why release a game that doesn’t work, and I am 3 months late to the party! No wonder it’s free through Netflix. Will be leaving feedback to avoid other to stay well away from wasting their time! 

Edited by Steve2105
    Missing info

5 hours ago, Steve2105 said:

Looking back through the comments this has been a problem for months with no fix, is there any point me starting again? Worked fine last night, looked again this morning and my saved data is gone. Have connected to iTunes and none of the files will open. What a total waste of 36 hours gameplay. Thanks a lot. Why release a game that doesn’t work, and I am 3 months late to the party! No wonder it’s free through Netflix. Will be leaving feedback to avoid other to stay well away from wasting their time! 

Appreciate the frustration @Steve2105 - I shared an update towards the end of last week that we made significant progress on the save issues and with that we pushed an update into testing last week. If all goes well we are hoping to push this out towards the end of this week.

Hi guys,

I’ve now lost another saved game this evening. Reported a lost Wrexham save about 2-3 weeks ago to Netflix support. Restarted as Atlanta United and again lost the saved game. Played around the same time as well. I get to about 2/3rds through my second season, the app is open and I’ll switch to check messages or lock my phone. I go back into the app and it restarts and my save is gone. Keeps happening when I’m pre match in the tactics screen on a players profile. Tried restarting and hasn’t helped. I manually save regularly just incase but this hasn’t helped. Is it likely I can recover the saved games when the patch is released? 

11 hours ago, Rich19 said:

Hi guys,

I’ve now lost another saved game this evening. Reported a lost Wrexham save about 2-3 weeks ago to Netflix support. Restarted as Atlanta United and again lost the saved game. Played around the same time as well. I get to about 2/3rds through my second season, the app is open and I’ll switch to check messages or lock my phone. I go back into the app and it restarts and my save is gone. Keeps happening when I’m pre match in the tactics screen on a players profile. Tried restarting and hasn’t helped. I manually save regularly just incase but this hasn’t helped. Is it likely I can recover the saved games when the patch is released? 

This will be unlikely unless for whatever reason some of the files are still accessible/visible when accessing the file system through iTunes (if on iOS).

7 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

This will be unlikely unless for whatever reason some of the files are still accessible/visible when accessing the file system through iTunes (if on iOS).

So the fix will not do anything for lost games? But will simply help prevent it in the future? As in, in the best case scenario I still have to start a new game?

Oyunu dün gece oynadım ve manuel olarak kaydedip uygulamadan çıkış yaptım bugün oyunu açmaya çalıştığımda ise "kaydedilen veriler yüklenemedi" hatası verip oyunu açmıyor. Cihaz Xiaomi 10T Pro oyun sürümü 15.1.1

Screenshot_2024-01-23-17-29-00-012_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

15 hours ago, Heyhoi said:

So the fix will not do anything for lost games? But will simply help prevent it in the future? As in, in the best case scenario I still have to start a new game?

Correct, there may be some rare cases if users decide to dig into their files where they may be able to locate the saves. This would be possible now though too using the methods shared earlier in the threads.