• Transfer/sale value decreases by almost 200% when managed by human manager

kenmfssrox
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Save Game: chelsea save.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

ever since the latest update, transfer values for human-controlled teams have plummeted and suddenly the whole world is interested in all my players due to their low transfer value. before the patch, my best players' transfer values were easily at least 80mil. right after the update, they have all plummeted to 40mil. I have uploaded the save game.

and i did a test - I checked Saka (managed by AI) 's transfer value, it was more than 100mil. Then I added a manager, and immediately his value dropped to 40+mil. Check screenshots. Clearly a bug. It was not like this before the latest updateScreenshot2024-03-02190526.png.b03333258ea547d44651cab69005bb43.pngScreenshot2024-03-02190552.png.9f95a12f060afc15515938cd7dd8a6bc.png

it's very easy to test this bug. just check a player's value in an AI team. then add a manager and compare the value

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

wanted add on that, even for AI teams, a lot of premier league players' values have been affected drastically as well.

For example, Julian Alvarez (Man City) used to be 119M-144M pounds, now he is only 40+mil which does not even make any sense.

Tonali (Newcastle) used to be 156-178M pounds, now his value is only 50+mil

And a 27-year old peak Trent Alexander-Arnold is also now available for less than 55mil after the update, which is ridiculously low. If you create a human manager for Liverpool, it drops even further to 20+mil.

I have checked against the other leagues, and so far it seems like only Premier League is affected the most. This is ruining my game as Premier League players will fly off the shelves for 1/3 their transfer value when I continue the game further.

Did a test, and it is true that value of players drop immediately when adding a human manager to Arse. 

But I think these overinflated values of Arse players are just there to mirror that they don't need to sell them. They start with over 200 mill in the bank, minor debt, and a HUGE ambition to chase the PL title.

So for example, Ødegaard is valued at £211-244M while Arteta is in control. And this probably makes sense as I cannot see Arteta ever wanting to sell him. But then you ask yourself: what is the realistic transfer value of Ødegaard if you take Arteta's bias out of the equation? Adding a human manager to Arse gives us the answer: £99-109M. This number is eerily close to how transfermarkt values him, so in this case SI has got it spot on.

Similarly, when I take over LFC then almost all transfer values of their players decrease over time. And as with Arse, the players least desired (probably) to be sold are among the highest valued players: Szoboslai, Salah, Nunez, and Alisson. Just within the first 20 days of season 1, Szoboslai, Salah, and Nunez drop 31M, 11M, and 9M in value respectively. The only one out of the four who keeps his value intact is Alisson. Why that is is anyone's guess, but I think the point of these overinflated values is to let the other clubs know that there are some players who are basically "not for sale" unless a ridiculous bid comes in. And this is how real life football works, and why sometimes you have clubs making ridiculous bids for players - because they know the only way to get them is to overpay. 

Looking over my LFC squad in January 2024, there isn't a single transfer value I disagree with. Salah is the highest valued at £102-113 (about  the same speculated in media is his transfer value), closely followed by Szobozlai at £91-100M (which makes sense since his CA has gone up 5 points, he's got a fairly good average rating and a contract that runs until 2028). The only transfer value I could disagree with is Gravenberch (£78-88M), but he is my top performer with 4 goals in 11 games and a 7.45 rating. If he did something like that IRL for LFC then would his value be similar? It's possible. But what I do know is that having these seemingly over-inflated values for players like Ødegaard is a good thing - otherwise you'd see the likes of PSG scoop him up (together with a handful of PL superstars) every transfer window, and there would be no squad building that resembles real life for the likes of Arse and other PL clubs.

I agree with your points @MontyOnTheRun, however, the day before the patch, my players values were of normal value. Right after the patch, the same players in the same save game had their values dropped to abysmal levels. For example, 25-year old Foden transfer value dropped for me from 100+m (before patch) to 40m (after patch). And like I mentioned earlier, a 27-year old peak Trent is only valued at 55mil by AI now, and when you add as manager it drops to 25mil which does not even make sense in any world for me. Your transfer values you quoted from YOUR game seem normal to me. The ones in my save game are however, abnormal. I don't know if you read my whole post, but a max CA Saka is never only worth 40mil lol. You're quoting 100+mil for Odegaard when I'm saying my game's Saka is only at 40mil, kinda big difference?

Your save game seems like it was created AFTER the update, hence the different results. This is not a new save game created after the update. it was created way before the patch so I suspect this bug could only be affecting old saves.

Edited by kenmfssrox

On 03/03/2024 at 23:33, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for raising this to us, we will investigate further. 

Just wanna update. I was complaining about premier league players having ridiculously low values previously BUT I'm not sure what you guys did as all the issues I mentioned in this thread have been fixed! To double check, I even loaded my older save (from this post) and ALL the players transfer values have reverted back to their usual. Thank you so much @Zachary Whyte and the SI team!

Edited by kenmfssrox