• Impossible to understand scouting budget for lower league

cerud
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Durec.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I've found managing lower league teams in this version of FM to be impossible because I end up bankrupt within weeks of taking over a club.

It's mainly to do with scouting. I have my scouting range well within my scouting budget. However, in a week or two, I've over my limit and severely draining whatever funds I may have had.

For example, the save I've uploaded is in the Swedish 2nd Division (4th tier). Within 10 days of taking over, I have a negative scouting budget. I've only hired 1 scout and have never sent them to scout any player. There is also no recruitment focuses.

Where is this money going? In other saves, I've had my scouts completely ignore my range/budget and start to scout way beyond out means. Every time I cancel it, they just start it up all over again within days.

This has been an issue since the game came out, not just since an update.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It's from your assistant manager(presuming you don't have dof?) doing little trips on his own and disregarding scouting restrictions.

Ahh, good to know. 

Thanks for the response. This had been beyond frustrating!

Edit: Although, now that I think about it...why wasn't my DoF following the rules set out by our scouting budget/range? Does he think this doesn't apply to him??

Edited by cerud

18 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @cerud

This has happened because you have your DoF in charge of your transfers. 

Why does it keep happening when the dof isn't in charge? It's so frustrating when he goes to south america recommending a player with salary demands x4 your top earner. Scouting range... Sweden.