• DOF cant sign anyone????

Edwards_9
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: HELP I CANT BUY ANYONE.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, None

Started a 2 player network game the day the Beta was released. Brentford and Fulham. Transfers disabled first window. We play by the rules that we can sign players first of all recommended by our scouts and to sign the players, we have to get the DOF to negotiate the transfer on our behalf. Which has never been a problem in the previous FMs....

There seems to be a massive flaw in this FM that any time we ask the DOF to negotiate a transfer, once the fee is agreed, the transfer ALWAYS fails due to 'has rejected our contract offer as we cannot meet his wage demands', baring in mind we have plenty of wage in our budgets. There has only been ONE success in this mode, and that was a free transfer.

The Fulham manager has had approx 15 failures due to this, failing to sign a single player. The Brentford manager (who did not get a budget in Jan, is this also a bug?) has failed on 4 occasions so far.

Now, the problem here is that we tested the game by going 'on holiday' and if you ask your DOF to bid and negotiate for a player, THEN go on holiday, the DOF is successful in these transfers.

Can this be looked into and let us know what's happening here? As it's completely spoiled our game....

Cheers, Shaun

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am also having the same issue, it's baffling to me as it has always worked fine when I did this in previous installments of FM.

How have they managed to break quite an important feature that worked perfectly fine before?

Edited by cse272

Started playing the early CMs and have had all the FMs, and always will, and I understand that it's a beta version etc but can't help but be disappointed by the quality of this beta compared to previous. The amount of bugs / problems so far (after completing only a season) is huge.... stats, duplications, budgets, trials. There's no way anyone could have QAd the DOF 'mode' as its impossible to make a signing unless you go on holiday. 

On 30/10/2023 at 14:45, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the save file and detailed information. We will investitive further. 

How's the investigation going? Because the feature is still broken.

On 30/10/2023 at 14:45, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the save file and detailed information. We will investitive further. 

This has not been fixed in the release of the game. Any idea when the first 'update' is going to be? Not that i am hopeful of it getting fixed right away.

On 06/11/2023 at 21:53, Edwards_9 said:

This has not been fixed in the release of the game. Any idea when the first 'update' is going to be? Not that i am hopeful of it getting fixed right away.

Well you were right not to be hopeful. Because it hasn't.

• SI Staff

Hello, this issue will be resolved in our next update.

Unfortunately I can't give you any clear timeframe on when that will be, but I will try to give you an update when we are closer.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

I appreciate your reply Zachary.

However it's not the inconvenience you should be apologising for. It's releasing a beta version of the game which isn't a beta - call it what it is - early access - and for releasing an unfinished product upon full release.

But congrats on record sales.