• goalkeeper depth??

rallan88
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

start of a new season and suddenly 18 players backing my captain, kicking off about goalkeeper depth??? 

our keeper situation has been exactly the same for over 12 months. it's knocked the dressing room vibe and morale of players, which was sky high heading into season, all dark greens, is now pretty flat. 

save file uploaded recently--Richard Allan - Brighton8

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey @Zachary Whyte - even with latest update (24.2.0), I have had the issue of goalkeeper squad depth come up, so I addressed it buying a very decent back-up goalkeeper. Unfortunately it hasn't appeased the squad as it should have done, now the primary player with the complaint is pleased improvements will be made at end of season (mid season transfer window just closed) as opposed to having the promise fulfilled.

My goalkeepers prior to latest purchase were 3.5/3.5, 2/2 and 1/2.5 stars so fair enough they thought the back-up wasn't good enough.

My new purchase is a 3/3 star player - so now my number 1 is a 'leading' player for my league and new back-up is a 'good' player for this league.

With another additional back-up making three decent keepers in the squad I feel this should have been enough to fulfil the promise.

Otherwise I am stuck with morale issues for half a season.

Have uploaded save just prior to confirming new quality back-up goalkeeper - [goalkeeper_confirmation.fm]

image.thumb.png.ca106aef1fb5380cbc1f7b414fa22072.png

Thanks @Zachary Whyte - sorry just to add, continuing a couple of days to 2nd Sep and I get the below message about promise failed, but there is no option to speak to the player in the bottom right as there normally should be...can't bring up the topic for discussion via the player discussion menu either.

image.thumb.png.57afe4648f68993912facc5c99331740.png

Ah, thanks @Russell Hammant I guess I've been used to the 'promise failed' then player asking what am I going to do about it, to prompt another interaction, but that's fine, I realise that isn't always the case now. Shame the promise wasn't met though, I think I improved the depth greatly!

Me again! Sorry but things have progressed with a further issue identified.

Moving through my game and getting to 16th September and suddenly now my team leader is happy with the squad depth (perhaps he wanted to see the new signing in training for a few weeks! :D)

However, I have 5 squad members who still 'support' their team-mate and agree with the lack of sufficient quality squad depth - they should probably drop this at the same time the original player does right?

Screenshot shows Lushaku with the promise against his name but now no issues with management, but other players still 'supporting' their team-mate.

image.thumb.png.1bfdcb8eb11e6f3dd66cd74ddd782483.png