• Opposition always use IWB and IFB roles

Ghost Into Space
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I've noticed that every team that we play against who play with a back four almost always use the IWB and IFB roles even when it is not realistic to real life. I get that some teams do play with those roles (Manchester City) but I have played against Tottenham and Chelsea for example who most certainly don't use those roles in real life as their full backs are very much more suited to being wide playing full backs.

I get that the new IFB role is exciting (and one of my tactical options includes it too) but for every single AI team to have that set up makes it seem very unrealistic. I've been watching a couple of the content creators too on their saves and I have noticed the exact same thing happening in their games too.

These are my opposition line ups for the first 5 games of the season (the only team that didn't have one of these roles were Sheffield United as they played with three at the back instead):

Screenshot2023-10-23114825.png.fcc28eba26301059ff805668c0e35d55.png

Screenshot2023-10-23132523.png.72a87db8bfef8ef574e085aa720ccb0c.png

Screenshot2023-10-23133905.png.5d03665b34510e498c6a0c8a8c804376.png

Screenshot2023-10-23134653.png.f9d92ab868f75c1db14c1233962151aa.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have managed to pull out another handful of PKM files where this occurs:

Arsenal v Everton.pkm
    Arsenal v Dinamo Zagreb.pkm
    Arsenal v West Ham.pkm

All of these matches happened in the first 10 games of the season so with these three match, the three matches shown in the post above, another game against Tottenham (in the cup) and then the Bournemouth match mentioned in the original post, it means that in 80% of the games so far in this save, the AI opposition have used these roles.

This might be connected with the OP's complaint so I'll post it here. Teams seem to force the inverted roles on their WBs and FBs even when that doesn't make sense.

I've seen multiple times in my save that the inverted role is given to a WB or FB that only has one preferred foot and the other foot is weak, but that weak foot is the one that will be used in the inverted role.

For example, in the match I uploaded AVS played Nazinho as inverted left WB despite him having "left only" as his preferred foot and despite his right foot being "weak".

AVS SAD v Santa Clara.pkm

Just a note- Spurs under Ange are known to play IWB on both wings, its part of our buildup from the back and also both Porro and Udogie pop up regularly in the box so please do not change this!